PDA

View Full Version : Cadex chassis, being true to my word

doctnj
03-11-2016, 08:01 AM
I was a very vocal supporter of Cadex after my previous build that wears a cadex chassis. Ive been having a 6.5 cm build going on since December. As the rifle was getting close to being finished my builder ordered a Cadex chassis about a month ago, maybe more. My builder even signed up to be a rep. Well a month went by with no chassis and no word on when to expect one. No one would respond to him or myself. I even emailed the top rep for the entire country who helped on my last build. Not response at all. This is a 1500 $ chassis. I told him that I was about to jump brands and that I would also be vocal about my displeasure with there business practices of ignoring their customers. Well here it is!!! I switched to the newest Accuracy International and it shipped the next day. So unless you dont care how long it takes to get a chassis I would pick anything else. I was thinking of upgrading my but stock on my other cadex but now I dont. It took 6 weeks to get a replacement rail for my first chassis because they said they had to go back to fabrication. I guess they dont keep anything in stock and dont want to tell you that.

bearcatrp
03-11-2016, 02:37 PM
I ordered the cadex OT from Drake Associates. Was given a 6 week build time. Hope I don't get burned like you but won't hesitate to cancel and go another route if it's not here as promised. When did you place the order?

doctnj
03-11-2016, 03:31 PM
I sent a copy of this review to the home office and they emailed me back. They said the president of the company wanted to talk to me. I sent copies of emails showing my efforts to get answers. They asked what time would be a good time to call and I gave them my lunch hour which is almost over and no call. I don't know what good the conversation will have since I have already paid for my a.i. chassis and it has shipped.

LongRange
03-11-2016, 04:00 PM
youll be happier with the AI anyway.

bearcatrp
03-11-2016, 04:26 PM
If mine doesn't ship on time and have to cancel, may have to look at a.i. chassis for my 10T. Was looking at the XLR too. Going to be pissed if my order falls through. Wanted my chassis changed before a long range shoot at the end of the month.

LongRange
03-11-2016, 05:33 PM
If mine doesn't ship on time and have to cancel, may have to look at a.i. chassis for my 10T. Was looking at the XLR too. Going to be pissed if my order falls through. Wanted my chassis changed before a long range shoot at the end of the month.

might want to give Nick with XLR a call they have pretty short lead times right now.

bearcatrp
03-11-2016, 07:17 PM
might want to give Nick with XLR a call they have pretty short lead times right now.

Have 10 days left before I am supposed to receive mine. Will wait. Really want the cadex. Took me 4 months looking and different chassis before deciding on the cadex. Reviews are positive. Should know soon enough.

hafejd30
03-11-2016, 07:19 PM
Mcree is another good option as well

bearcatrp
03-13-2016, 01:07 PM
Not getting responses from my dealer on my order. Just wanting an update on process. Getting nervous.
Doctnj, did you have to buy a magazine sleeve for your other build to use magazines (any type)? This is my 1st chassis upgrade and don't know if I need a sleeve or if I can use my current savage magazine without any other hardware purchase.

doctnj
03-13-2016, 01:31 PM
No. It came ready to shoot. Although I had to wait for a rail that took an additional 6 weeks.

bearcatrp
03-13-2016, 05:40 PM
Since I have a rail on my 10T, I opted for the cadex core OT. Have read reports some folks have to trim there rail though. They have a warning on there web site about this. Hope I don't. Which model did you get? Which one did you have on order that didn't get delivered? If they burn me like they did you, I will be joining you in making sure everyone I know why not to order from them! Btw, did you ever get that call?

doctnj
03-13-2016, 06:30 PM
My first cadex was the field core and we put a prs but stock on it. The feel of the stock is extremely nice. The finish is great and is very smooth in your hands. I was ordering the whole field tactical so I wouldnt have to put a but stock on it.

The really strange thing is, I posted the exact same story on snipers hide and got flamed like crazy. I never bashed on the product or the company. Just my experience with my crappy rep. The president Serge Dextraze emailed me today and accused me of bashing his company. I challenged him to find one time that I said anything derogatory about the company or the product. He said, that I could call him if I wanted. Well the number he gave me was international number. I dont have an international calling plan. He said I should have contacted him for resolution and had given him at least 24 hours to research it.

Well I didnt know it was my responsibility to call the president of the company to get my order fulfilled. Thats crazy. Im pretty sure at least one of the reps logged on and attacked my character. Cant believe it.

As far as giving 48 hours; I actually gave them a month and 5 days. The last 5 days was after my builder and myself sent emails to Darryl Miller, the head American rep. I made him personally aware of this build and the chassis we were interested in almost 4 months ago. I gave him my builders name, number, and email and nothing transpired until my builder contacted him.

this is a portion of the email he sent.

let me introduce myself, I am the President and CEO of Cadex defence, I also implement myself a lot when it come to a not satisfy customer, Lucky me we do not have much of not satisfy customer less than 1 % which is very good for a company. I am not that hard to reach if you look on Cadex web site, you will see my name, and by calling my company an mention that you are not happy customer and want to address a complain, you will see the phone would have go direct to me pretty fast.

From what I understand you have bash my company on public social media without give me the opportunity to talk to you and evaluate the situation in order to take position in a correct way, I usually request 24 hour to find solution and determine all action and talk with my crew to define what happen after I got the version of the customer, I do not think that I ask too much, don’t you think !

I let Serge know that he just solidified my decision to switch to Accuracy International. It would seem arrogance and entitlement goes to the very top of that company. Its a shame because its a great product.

Just fyi.

doc

bearcatrp
03-13-2016, 09:55 PM
Holly crap. Hey, when your told delivery will be on xx date, you expect delivery. If no delivery or notice of delay in advance, screw em. Cancel. Will be canceling mine the day after I don't receive mine on the promise date! Great product or arrogance?

bearcatrp
03-17-2016, 09:48 PM
Well, no longer getting one myself. As per agreement with Drake Associates, I get my full refund, I keep quiet on what happened. Got my refund. If anyone wants a cadex, order directly to avoid a bad experience. Good luck folks. Now back to searching for a chassis. Took me 6 months researching chassis before deciding on the cadex. Sucks I have to go through all that again.

doctnj
03-18-2016, 07:12 AM
can I have your permission to quote you? They will probably just accuse me of making up another name and fabrication the story anyway. But I wont bring it up if you dont want me to.

doc

doctnj
03-18-2016, 07:18 AM
Here is a post I put up yesterday. It is the only reason they will admit to as to why obtaining a chassis in the U.S. is so difficult.

I spoke to Serge yesterday. Super nice guy! Never thought he wouldnt be. We both agreed that the situation want good. He asked me why I didnt call him first. I explained about my experience with the rail from the previous build and that was after I actually did call up there. He said they had another very similar situation through the same rep where an addidtional part was needed and should have been fast tracked to the front of the line and wasnt. I told him that all I could do was draw on my past experience of nothing really going any faster when I called the last time so I didnt call this time.
He did say however that, as I had thought, that Darryl is alone in the U.S.at his level and is way busy with government orders. That is precisely what I said originally and what I thought was behind all of this. If anything, maybe they will get him some help. It seems one guy cant do it all. If that changes and others get better more timely help then Ive accomplished something. You cant effect a change if you dont look at things in the first place.

It would seem that everything funnels through one rep to get to home office if you order through someone in the U.S.. More than likely they have to do that to get their rep discount otherwise they would just have to pay full price and get no scratch. That is exactly what I wound up doing on this build only with A.I.. My builder is not an ai rep so I just purchased what I wanted and had it drop shipped to him.

bearcatrp
03-18-2016, 10:28 PM
Just a quick post to say things got worked out for me to get my cadex chassis. Will be posting pics of the build when I get it in a couple weeks. Am stoked it will happen.