PDA

View Full Version : RH bolt, left port

cowboybart
03-09-2016, 11:48 PM
I just stumbled across a picture of a right bolt/left port Savage. This is on my bucket list, but I was thinking GAP or Defiance action. If a Savage can be had cheaper, I'll get it off my bucket list sooner. It looked like the LRPV was the model. Are these singles or repeaters? Assuming short action. Large shank?? Are there any other models that offer right bolt/left port?? Are any right bolt/left port guns still in production??

GaCop
03-10-2016, 01:05 PM
The Savage target action uses the large shank barrel and is a single shot. It also has three action screws instead of two but, you can get away with using only the front and rear one for a build if you care to.

Mozella
03-10-2016, 06:21 PM
I've got a Savage action which is left port right bolt and it's great for F/TR. I wish my F-Open Class rifle was left port.

Texas10
03-10-2016, 06:41 PM
I'm starting to drool over this too. Can be had at various Gun Shops for $525- $575. Comes with target accutrigger, and …well, you can read for yourself.

For price of a barrel and action I can have a very nice gun with the takeoffs from my others.

http://www.savagearms.com/firearms/actions/target/

m12lrs
03-10-2016, 07:25 PM
I have two of them. One.is ready to go to the.stockmaker. it.will be a switchbarrel.

http://scopeusout.com/images/Indian_Paint_Obeche_pattern_drop_in_for_BAT[1]..jpg

The other I am contemplating sending to Fred for the works and a #4 brux barrel in 6.5 saum. Put it in a McMillian A3 sportster.

Robinhood
03-10-2016, 10:37 PM
M12LRS, The picture you posted is a left port?

shoalwater
03-10-2016, 11:19 PM
The picture he posted is not a Savage

cowboybart
03-10-2016, 11:30 PM
Looks like I want a 18182 action. My google machine says everybody is out of stock on them.

m12lrs
03-11-2016, 06:59 AM
M12LRS, The picture you posted is a left port?

no that is the stock I am getting.

Shehane st-1000L in obeche indian paint I am going to have them do the whole deal. Inlet, pillar and glass bed, and paint. Expensive but I have always wanted one. the barrel channel will be inletted for a switchbarrel setup. I will be able to switch barrels without removing the action from the stock or the scope from the action. Right now I have a 6 br barrel and a 6.5 creedmore barrel. Many more to come.