PDA

View Full Version : XLR stock question

1coolcat
03-08-2016, 09:05 AM
I am buying a savage model 12 with a blind magazine... Does anyone know if this will work in a xlr chassis ..xlr told me it would, but I would like to hear it from someone who has one
Thanks

LongRange
03-08-2016, 09:49 AM
if nick said it will you shouldnt have any problems but if by chance you do XLR will step right up and take care of it..great guys and great customer service.

1coolcat
03-08-2016, 10:57 AM
Thank you for the reply longrange, I think it would be the perfect stock for me..I seem to need all the adjustments I can get for a stock to fit me correctly..
And have been hearing great things about xlr..now I just need to come up with the money for one..lol

LongRange
03-08-2016, 11:05 AM
i switched to a chassis for the same reason...i have a savage PTA in an XLR and my new build will be in an XLR.

mrvideostore
03-08-2016, 03:20 PM
Hi 1coolcat. I ordered one for my model 12 fv from cablela's perfect fit. So far I've only installed the .223 model and am waiting for a rail screws to switch my .308 rifle model 12 fv into it. So a 2 Rifle Chassis for the Price of 1. Shoots Great once I upgraded the tupperware. 2 screws and your mounted and ready to adjust your cheek piece. Nick at XLR Industries was great to work with. You will not be disappointed with with the Chassis, I ended up with the Element. Have Fun Shooting.

1coolcat
03-08-2016, 05:22 PM
Mr. Video store, thank you..I really want one now..how long did it take to get yours.. Ddoes XLR make them to order or are they a stock item. Also did you buy the folding stock adaptor.. I have read some guys say its easier to clean your rifle ..its a costly accessory and I don't really think I would ever need to fold my stock up..
Please let me know your thoughts on this
Thanks guys

LongRange
03-08-2016, 06:38 PM
most time they dont have them in stock and it depends how busy they are as to the wait time...i waited 3 months for the one on my PTA...i just ordered one for my new build on a surgeon action and had it in 2 weeks.

get the folder because once you get it set up you wont want to be moving things around to clean it.

Kadams1563
03-08-2016, 08:49 PM
I had mine in 2 weeks as well. If you go to sniper forums.com there is a group buy going on if you can wait a little bit. If not and your Leo/mil they give a good discount as well.

mrvideostore
03-09-2016, 11:13 PM
http://i1308.photobucket.com/albums/s619/mrvideostore/unknown_zpsm95znpal.jpg (http://s1308.photobucket.com/user/mrvideostore/media/unknown_zpsm95znpal.jpg.html)I had mine in less than 2 weeks. They charged me like 35 or 40 % down and bal. was due when they were ready to ship out to me. I love mine, I'm sure you'll be happy too. My buddy Doug ended shooting a dime size group out at 100 yds ( 5 rounds ) with it a few weeks back after we installed the chassis. Had a swfa ss 12x mounted on it, I try to see if he still has the pic on his phone and try to post it up. Oh mine is a fixed stock with Tac Butt Stock. I didn't seem to have any problem cleaning it, but i do only have med rings.

Digduggy
03-15-2016, 11:02 PM
Thay are great people, if they tell you so, it is the case. if you get to Grand Junction CO they are very welcoming for a tour... Make sure you bring Donuts and Coffee from Daylight Donuts!

I need to order my chassis for my lh la 3006! Need a folding stock so it fits in my VW golf haha