PDA

View Full Version : accustock on a 11/111 trophy

caput001
03-07-2016, 08:29 PM
I changed out the tapered barrel that was on the rifle to a MDL12 .223 heavy barrel. I wanted to add an accustock so I checked with savage as to what I needed. I had to swap out the barrel lug when I put the new barrel on and I had to add the bottom "metal" . My mdl11 had the one piece tupperware stock and the mags have the clip as part of mag. (new style) so I needed the part that holds the mag in. Most people say its the part 106705 for $78 but it is not. The part is "frame,short,Syn,Matt(DBM) item code 109400. Number listed on part is 108655. Price is $14 . Much cheaper and made me happy after spending $150 on the stock.

foxx
03-07-2016, 09:15 PM
yep. There are two types of dbm's. Those with an all metal spring clasp on the frame and the synthetic, "axis" style. The metal one is much more expensive, but preferred by many. good luck with your build.

Newtosavage
03-08-2016, 12:21 AM
I actually inletted an Accustock and trimmed the recoil lug on my model 11 so I could drop it in. Worked out great. Only, I discovered the accustock isn't any more accurate than the tupperware stock (both were sub-MOA performers to 300 yards) so I put the tupperware stock back on it. I'm not into carrying weight I don't need. But I will admit that Accustock sure felt solid and helped with recoil.