PDA

View Full Version : Nra "hate thread"

chukarmandoo
03-07-2016, 01:04 PM
I really don't know why NRA gets bashed so bad? I don't look for "deals" when sending money to them. I send them $100 to $200 a year. Do I get anything in return? At present time my membership is up. I think. Anyway I see so many gun owners crying the blues about the NRA.

Just for the record, we need a voice and the best we've got is the NRA.

I really don't know why we need them because we do have the 2nd Amendment but I guess that's not good enough? So I support the NRA. 100%!
Good luck without them!

yew plucker
03-08-2016, 07:49 PM
I have been a life member for twenty-five years. A while back I got really irritated at their constant fund raising letters. I called them and asked for them to stop. I was assured that they would put me on the no-mail-fund-raising-letter list. But they kept coming. I started sending them a letter back in their own post paid envelope.

My letter said: When you advocate and support the repeal of the National Firearms Act and the Gun Control Act, I will consider sending more money. Until then, any money I care to donate will go to Gun Owners of America. I sent four or five of those and the fund raising letters stopped coming.

The NRA didn't stop the Brady Law. In fact they helped craft it and put in the NICS system. They didn't hold politicians' feet to the fire before the AWB was passed. I think even the NRA was surprised at the national eruption over it. Of course they claimed credit for the turn over in congress after the fact.

The NRA could be a more effective lobbying organization.

Stiven
03-09-2016, 02:42 PM
I don't donate and don't plan on it until they start lighting fires in anti havens

Like MA for example

jetcycles
03-09-2016, 04:22 PM
I can't stand the fact that they waste so much money sending junk to my mailbox on a very regular basis, spend my money elsewhere!