PDA

View Full Version : Need help with threading my HB axis

twillis07
03-06-2016, 10:00 PM
Hey guys I was wondering if any knew of a place or a smith that I could send my factory heavy barrel to, to get it professionally threaded at a reasonable price. Sorry if I'm asking this is the wrong section.

Rosco
03-06-2016, 11:49 PM
Not sure where you are located but a local smith should able to do this at a reasonable price. But if I had to send it off I would use Ross Schuler.

You send him the barrel only and he will thread and install a break for around 90+ plus shipping back and forth. Not only that but he is fast and usually have it back to you in a week or so.

Lonewulf
03-07-2016, 01:34 AM
was think about the same thing with my new 22-250 HB, have never taken one apart that far, does the barrel come off without any special tools? I have a friend that is a machinist and will do it for free :) I also work on computers and fix his for free when he breaks it , we just trade out work once in awhile

DrThunder88
03-07-2016, 03:43 AM
To remove the barrel you will need a barrel nut wrench and either an action wrench or a barrel vise. A good number of people use padded vise jaws for a barrel vise.

twillis07
03-07-2016, 11:59 AM
Lonewulf you sound like me! I do work for my local FFL he runs a pawn shop and I fix some of his electronics and in return he cuts me deals and does free transfers. I work for the GeekSquad. One of the many perks of being a Geek. :-) where might I find the gentlemens info Rosco?

Rosco
03-07-2016, 11:54 PM
I can't find his phone number but here is his email address rem40xb1@msn.com .