PDA

View Full Version : Savage Stealth Review

Pages : 1 2 3 [4]

Newsshooter
08-05-2016, 02:10 PM
Some interesting reading on that link DrThunder. I'd like to hear what the actual operators thought compared to the guy trying to boost his future sales. I strongly believe that the accuracy was acceptable. I just have a hard time believing that the action functioned to the capability required for use in very austere conditions. I.E. Sand storms, rain, snow, mud and everything else that proves an actions capabilities.

I just have yet to see a Savage action make it through one of our matches out here on the west coast without some type feeding, ejection, or extraction issues. That was my experience and the experience of those running them. Maybe they do better on the east coast where there is less sand and dust blowing around? I will never argue the accuracy when using a Savage action, but the reliability factor will always linger in the back of my mind.

I ran my Savage LRP for nearly two years without issue while shooting with the NorCal precision club. I was thinking I'd use it for this weekend's match since I haven't shot it in awhile.