PDA

View Full Version : Few questions from new guy

Merky1761
03-05-2016, 12:02 AM
I just got a new Axis XpII in 308. It has the sporter barrel and I really want heavy barrel. I searched and found a couples answers to my questions and found different answers. So can someone steer me with the correct answers . I am looking into two options. Option one is to buy a Axis 308 rifle with a heavy barrel, but if I do can I swap out the accutrigger from the Axis 2? If so would this be a drop in replacement without any modifications?
Option 2 - Buy a replacement barrel from a savage rifle, I know that as long as it is a short shank it's supposed to fit, but is this without any modifications to the barrel lug since on the axis it's in the stock?

sharpshooter
03-05-2016, 12:18 AM
You can swap triggers by simply pulling one pin and swap the whole assembly out. Might take 30 seconds.
Barrel size has no effect on the lug.

Merky1761
03-05-2016, 12:39 AM
You can swap triggers by simply pulling one pin and swap the whole assembly out. Might take 30 seconds.
Barrel size has no effect on the lug.

Thankyou, I'm thinking about just getting an Axis HB and swapping the triggers .

Rosco
03-05-2016, 12:17 PM
That wound be the easiest I think.

yew plucker
03-06-2016, 01:05 AM
I bought a Shaw barrel from The Gun Shack and switched it out. I bedded it into a Boyd's stock and it looks great. It shoots well, but still working up that perfect load. I did my own trigger job too. It breaks clean and consistently at 3 lbs., with just a hair of creep.

DrThunder88
03-06-2016, 02:14 AM
That's my first choice too! (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJijTbWe2wA&index=3&list=PL6mstF7_2-gm3WnoBZZ1QLpjIeoFWXqg9) Still, if he's already got a swappable Accutrigger that's two E-clips away from being on his HB, that's an enticing option as well. Then he can save the trigger mod project for the other gun if he wants to do a more complete custom build with a new barrel later on!

sharpshooter
03-06-2016, 06:55 PM
You don't have to mess with any "E" clips.....pull the front mounting pin and swap out the WHOLE trigger assembly. That way the safety is already been adjusted to the trigger in the assembly.