PDA

View Full Version : Confused about savage stock

hunter01776
07-06-2010, 04:53 PM
Hello,

I own a Savege 111, 30-06 and I want to replace the stock. My savage has an internal box magazine (no floor plate), and the Accu Trigger. I am looking at the B&C model 5071. The B&C web site says:

"5071-___ Savage, Long Action, Blind Magazine
Fits all long action "three digit models" (such as Model 110, 111, etc.)
with standard contour barrel and top loading internal magazine."

Midway has this part (http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/?productNumber=659854) but the reviews are not really encouraging. The primary use for this rifle is hunting.

Also does anybody know if an AccuStock will work on this rifle and if so where to get one?

Comments and suggestions are welcome!

Thanks a lot.

82boy
07-08-2010, 12:29 PM
No the accu-stock will not work.

Your "internal box magazine" is a blind magazine. It it has no floor plate then it would be an older stagard feed magazine system. Yes that stock will work.

jpdown
07-08-2010, 05:24 PM
The Savage LA hole spacing has not changed. So you have the option to go with any of the Savage LA aftermarket stocks that are available from a number of sources.

hunter01776
07-08-2010, 09:50 PM
Ok thanks for the answer.
I have another question, how do you remove the magazine from the existing stock? I do not see how it is attached.

Axtell3
07-09-2010, 06:28 AM
See the tab at the rear of the magazine? Grab it with needle nose pliers and give it a pull.
From reading the reviews of the carbelite stock, it sounds like some work will have to be done to make sure it fits and shoots well.
I went with a Boyds classic, prefering the wood look. Still needed work to fit and function, but now its custum, and does it shoot!
Enjoy the process.