PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With my Model 11 Build!

Dead_Eye21
03-04-2016, 11:27 PM
I had a model 11 Trophy Hunter XP in a .223 that I was unhappy with the accuracy on. After bedding the stock, adjusting the trigger, handloading some ammo, I've decided to regroup. I have a .20 Tactical Barral that matches up perfect and a stock that was used on a Model 12. My gun has the DBM, and the stock of course was made for a blind mag. Is there any way to purchase the parts necessary to convert my gun to a internal blind mad so that it will work with the stock I already have?

Dead_Eye21
03-05-2016, 01:46 PM

foxx
03-05-2016, 01:53 PM
No purchase necessary.

Remove the bottom part of the box magazine by squeezing the sides of the box near the bottom and wiggle off. Now all you need to do is insert the bottomless box and spring and follower into the stock's mag well.

COrrection: you will need a metal "L" clip to hold it in place. the clip wedges between the rear of the mag and the rear of the well, with a lip hanging up and over towards the rear action screw. PM me with your address and I will send you one for a few bucks or call savage customer service, parts dept.

Dead_Eye21
03-06-2016, 11:20 PM
Man thanks Foxx. I sure appreciate your help. No need to send me one but I can't thanks enough for the offer. I will call their parts dept tomorrow. If I have any further questions with the install, I may reach out again though if that's ok. Thanks again.

No purchase necessary.

Remove the bottom part of the box magazine by squeezing the sides of the box near the bottom and wiggle off. Now all you need to do is insert the bottomless box and spring and follower into the stock's mag well.

COrrection: you will need a metal "L" clip to hold it in place. the clip wedges between the rear of the mag and the rear of the well, with a lip hanging up and over towards the rear action screw. PM me with your address and I will send you one for a few bucks or call savage customer service, parts dept.