PDA

View Full Version : Bolt assembly screw number of threads engaged

joeb33050
03-02-2016, 05:50 PM
With the firing pin assy out of the bolt, only bolt body and bolt assy screw, the bolt assy screw engages only 3 complete revolutions before bottoming out on the bolt body. Does anyone know if this is normal? How many revs engaged is yours?
Maybe this is my bolt problem, M10.
Thanks;
joe b.

sharpshooter
03-02-2016, 07:53 PM
No, that is not normal. It should engage on all of the threads.

idunham
03-02-2016, 09:27 PM
With the firing pin assy out of the bolt, only bolt body and bolt assy screw, the bolt assy screw engages only 3 complete revolutions before bottoming out on the bolt body. Does anyone know if this is normal? How many revs engaged is yours?
Maybe this is my bolt problem, M10.
Thanks;
joe b.

I read your quote earlier - I just got home and decided to tear apart my bolt real quick to see if i could replicate the issue.

I do not have this issue. It takes just as many turns without the firing pin, as with the firing pin (I didn't count, but definitely more than 3.)

Are you sure you're not cross threading?

joeb33050
03-03-2016, 07:41 AM
I read your quote earlier - I just got home and decided to tear apart my bolt real quick to see if i could replicate the issue.

I do not have this issue. It takes just as many turns without the firing pin, as with the firing pin (I didn't count, but definitely more than 3.)

Are you sure you're not cross threading?
I'm not cross threading. This bolt has always been a problem, after assembling it and just starting the BAS, with the cocking pin uncocked, it's a bear to cock the cocking pin. My 12FV bolt assembles and the BAS starts with the cocking pin cocked, EASY!.

The M10 BAS doesn't catch the threads until it's almost all the way in.

I need either a new bolt body, BAS, or both.

Thanks;
joe b.