PDA

View Full Version : Model 11 ??????

sarge58
07-05-2010, 09:39 PM
I recently purchased a Model 11FCXP in .308 it's a super shooting rifle and a great deal @ $ 350.00.My question is this, while cleaning I noticed that the barrel is clearly marked Mod.#10 .308 Win.
So what do I have a model #10 or a model #11 ?

okie2
07-05-2010, 11:29 PM
if it says #10 on the gun then that is what you have.

Golfbuddy45
07-06-2010, 12:02 AM
There is no such model as a "10FCXP" only "11FCXP". The pictures of a 10GXP shows a wood stock and it has the ACCUTRIGGER while the 11FCXP has the standard trigger and a black synthetic stock. Other than that the barrels and bolts look identical. Could this be one of those manufacturing items where the same parts are used for different models, such as a PONTIAC coming out with OLDSMOBILE identification? Or is this just a factory stamping fluke? Only Savage could tell for sure.

hailstone
07-06-2010, 05:14 AM
F = Black Synethic Stock
C = Detachable box magazine
XP = Package gun

Manufacturers change model specs during the course of that models manufacturing life cycle. I would surmise that over the years the model has evolved with different standard equipment to drive sales as sales figures from other models are interpried for desirable features customers want. I recently purchased a Model 11 which had different markings than those currently available. Reviewing older catalogue specs going back three or four years yielded the model designation that I had purchased.