PDA

View Full Version : Has anybody tried Wolf brand primers??

scamp62
07-04-2010, 10:13 PM
Today, at the rang I was talking to a guy about loads for .308 Win, and he was saying he was getting good results with Wolf brand of primers ! (he look to be into accuracy) I have only seen Wolf ammo as plinking ammo. And assume, and yes I know what they say about assuming anything !

earl39
07-04-2010, 10:17 PM
short and simple wolf primers are top notch and many of us are getting better results from them than cci br primers. also the only difference between wolf regular and wolf magnum primers is cup hardness. that goes for both small and large rifle not sure about the pistol primers tho.

stevec
07-05-2010, 12:34 AM
I have been using Wolf SRM's for about 3 years now in .223/20 TAC/6 TAC/6-204 and others and I am very happy with them.

I get low ES and great accuracy out of them. My wife and I use them in our benchrest rigs also.

Steve

tiny68
07-05-2010, 02:17 AM
I switched to them last spring in the primer shortage with my 6BRs. Absolutely love them. I have a good supply and will stick with them. For whatever reason they did not perform as with my 30BR as the Fed 205 in terms of groups or extreme spread in velocity. However, with the 223 and 6BR they beat Fed 205 and CCI BR4 for both groups and spread. I know they make small rifle and small rifle magnum. The SRM is all I have experience with.

Luck, Tim

ThorBird
07-05-2010, 10:04 AM
Buy the small rifle magnum and large rifle magnum. They are no hotter than standard, but the cups are harder. If you use them, you will have to stick to them with the brass you use them with. They stretch the primer pocket out further than any other primer. They also may be hard to seat at first if you use and a hand primer. I guess the secret is out on these primers now. I love them in everything I shoot.

laportecharlie
07-05-2010, 11:10 AM
We have gone through 5,000 of the SRM primers in our PD guns with no problems. Haven't found them to be any harder to seat than any other.
Charlie

ThorBird
07-05-2010, 11:22 AM
I use a lee hand primer (but sure wouldn't if I was loading up for a pdog shoot), and believe me, I have found them harder to seat. It's not like it is a task that will wreck you for a week, but I can tell a difference. That is seating them initially, not the re-primes. Not much of an issue either way though. Just want him to know that if he finds initial resistance when priming brass for the first time with them, not to worry if they are harder to seat.

savageboy
07-05-2010, 04:09 PM
OK heres one for ya, I use Fed. GM 210 large rifle in my .260AI till the primer pockets get loose, then switch to the Wolf as their slightly bigger. Gets me a few more reloads out of the brass. They work great for ES/ SD, accuracy.

ThorBird
07-05-2010, 09:41 PM
Sounds good savageboy.

boolitschuuter
07-06-2010, 07:24 PM
I haven't been able to find these primers anywhere. Any ideas in Missouri ???

earl39
07-06-2010, 10:04 PM
check wideners or powder valley