PDA

View Full Version : No 7 rem mag brass

strut64
02-23-2016, 09:24 PM
I got a good 7 Mag barrel from Apache last year. Really shoots well. Put it on my 110 and got it ready to go last year for hunting season. Had to buy a couple boxes of factory ammo to source brass. i have been looking or decent brass for well over a year. When I say decent brass I mean I am loading for field use, not bench/target. The old standby sources Win or Rem have left us abandoned. I wont buy federal - too soft. Hornady has a poor reputation. A few years ago I had gone down the 270 win road with my 110, Have a couple hundred pieces of brass and a nice assortment of bullets on hand. So this week I put the 270 barrel back on and sighted it in on Monday. This is a Savage factory barrel that provides decent accuracy. The only disadvantage over the 7 Mag is a slight but meaningless accuracy disadvantage. I have every confidence that if I were to get an opportunity out to 300 yards, the 270 can do it. That is one of advantages savage owners have. I now have 7 Mag and 30-06 barrels in addition to the 270. My other 110 has been set up for target use with a Shilen barrel chambered in 6 BR.

LongRange
02-24-2016, 09:19 AM
http://gunbot.net/reloading/Brass/

if your still looking for 7mm brass scroll through gun bot...i seen a few places that have nosler and norma in stock.

GaryB
02-24-2016, 11:11 AM
Here is another...

http://ammoseek.com/reloading/brass/7mm-remington-magnum

darkker
02-24-2016, 11:41 AM
Well, I'm not sure I understand what you are after exactly.
You are correct that Federal brass is far too soft in the case heads. Beyond that, I really haven't had any "bad" brass in a while, assuming you stay within pressure limits.
When I built a Creedmoor early on, I resized 308LC brass for 2 reasons. 1 - I had a mountain of it. 2 - I had a mountain of it.
On a forum that is a fan club for that cartridge, there was a TON of Hornady brass bashing going on. We did a little testing and reading, and came to the conclusion that, at least with that cartridge, the complaints of short lived brass came from running the cartridge FAR above SAAMI pressures.

Londerko
02-25-2016, 02:23 PM
Midway has 7mm Rem brass in Nosler, Norma and Hornady all in stock.
It's even on sale, you just have to look

sixonetonoffun
02-25-2016, 09:03 PM
www.patsreloading.com

Usually has new and once fired available.