PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: Which .22LR / 16.5" Bolt Action to Suppress?

TORCHRIDER
02-23-2016, 05:05 PM
I want to purchase a .22LR Bolt action rifle to suppress for quiet squirrel, rabbit, vermin, etc. hunting. I don't want anything longer than a 16.5" threaded barrel. I want it to be a tack driver with a good trigger. I assumed Savage had what I needed which is why I am posting here. But, also open to non Savage if you have a recommendation.

idunham
02-24-2016, 08:43 AM
I have a Savage MKII FV-SR. This gun is awesome. It is accurate, has the accu-trigger, and threaded barrel. AND, for the cost, I can't complain at all.

TORCHRIDER
02-25-2016, 11:43 AM
I have a Savage MKII FV-SR. This gun is awesome. It is accurate, has the accu-trigger, and threaded barrel. AND, for the cost, I can't complain at all.

Thanks for the feedback. Nobody else has responded so I guess that is the one to get. :-)

idunham
02-25-2016, 02:58 PM
Thanks for the feedback. Nobody else has responded so I guess that is the one to get. :-)

You won't be disappointed.

rwilky78
02-25-2016, 09:20 PM
You won't be disappointed.
Yes, you won't be disappointed. I love my FV-SR.

Lorenzo
02-26-2016, 12:22 AM
Yes, you won't be disappointed. I love my FV-SR.
you will love it. I have one as well one of the best purchases I ever made.

TORCHRIDER
02-26-2016, 11:24 AM
Ordered the FV-SR yesterday. Also ordered a Nikon PROSTAFF Target EFR Rimfire Rifle Scope 3-9x40mm. On sale at Midway for $139. Thanks guys!

twillis07
03-04-2016, 02:29 PM
i agree the FVSR is pretty hard to beat. I just did a little write up about mine that i got for a steal!

MVP01
03-06-2016, 07:33 PM
I run the MK II FVSR suppressed almost exclusively. It is a silent tack driver! I spent alot of money over the years making rimfire suppressor host and threading barrels. The FVSR is an outstanding value for accuracy and a factory threaded barrel. I like it so much I also bought the 93R17 FVSR and run it suppressed as well. You wont be disappointed!

Lorenzo
03-09-2016, 08:36 PM
I run the MK II FVSR suppressed almost exclusively. It is a silent tack driver! I spent alot of money over the years making rimfire suppressor host and threading barrels. The FVSR is an outstanding value for accuracy and a factory threaded barrel. I like it so much I also bought the 93R17 FVSR and run it suppressed as well. You wont be disappointed!

What kind of accuracy are you getting out of your .17? I debated getting one but went with the 93r17 TR. Shoots okay but not quite satisfied. Recently bedded it and am waiting to see how it shoots.
Also any idea what velocities your getting with your .17? How does it sound suppressed and what can are you running?

MVP01
03-12-2016, 12:06 PM
Shooting dime size 3 shot groups at 100yds using 20 gr CCI gamepoints. I am not sure about the velocity, I would guess about 2250 from the 16.5" muzzle. I am running a YHM Stinger suppressor. Good suppression, but you will still have a ballistic crack from from any supersonic cartridge.

upSLIDEdown
03-13-2016, 12:45 PM
Anybody in here have extraction problems with their fvsr? Last time I shot mine it didn't want to extract the empties.

steveo77
03-27-2016, 01:31 PM
Anybody in here have extraction problems with their fvsr? Last time I shot mine it didn't want to extract the empties. ---shot my FV-SR alongside 5 other FV-SRs the other day, all supressed all had the same problem.Seems to be more a dirty chamber problem than extractor to me, just tried polishing my chamber the other day but havent gotten around to shooting it yet

Lorenzo
04-07-2016, 06:50 PM
mine will have problems only when its below freezing with CCI quiet, that ammo has some lube on it because of the slow velocity (750fps I think) that gets thick when its cold. Other than that no problems but I haven't bought a surpressor yet. Its on the loooong list.

Remingtonman
04-12-2016, 08:52 PM

where is good place to get suppressors for a rimfire rifle? I was on the line on what rimfire to get. I was going to get the savage mark II fv-sr but i opted for the ruger american "predator" in 22lr. Just picked up 2 at whittaker guns in 22mag and 22lr. got the 22mag for $249 which is a great deal.

ChattanoogaPhil
04-18-2016, 09:32 PM
where is good place to get suppressors for a rimfire rifle? I was on the line on what rimfire to get. I was going to get the savage mark II fv-sr but i opted for the ruger american "predator" in 22lr. Just picked up 2 at whittaker guns in 22mag and 22lr. got the 22mag for $249 which is a great deal.

Should have got the Savage FV-SR.

Silencershop.com is the best. Great prices and top shelf professionals to work with. No BS operation.

Silencer Sparrow and YHM Wraith.

http://i1270.photobucket.com/albums/jj612/Pugsters/IMG_0448_zps6bd8aca5.jpg

If you're deciding on which rimfire pistol... get a Ruger.

http://i1270.photobucket.com/albums/jj612/Pugsters/IMG_2733_zpssedqfuor.jpg