PDA

View Full Version : Boyds stock for Savage 12 FCV (heavy barrel)

predatormaster
02-23-2016, 02:23 PM
I recently purchased a Boyds Featherweight thumbhole stock for a model 12 with a heavy barrel. I got the stock and it doesnt fit the stock because of the heavy barrel. I tried calling Boyds 5 times and emailed them 3 times and still have yet to hear a reply whether I ave to open the end up myself, or if the make on for a heavy barrel. There doesn't appear to be enough material though to open it as far as it needs?? Can anyone help me since Boyds doesn't want to? Btw, Boyw's will never get my business again unless they can answer a simple little question...

Robert777
02-23-2016, 09:21 PM
The one that you should have purchased is the Varmint thumbhole which is for a heavy barrel.

predatormaster
02-24-2016, 08:19 AM
I looked, but never saw that option for my gun...?

predatormaster
02-24-2016, 01:45 PM
Well....someone finally got back to me, and.....?? They don't make one for my gun! So if anybody wants a nice stock, I have one! Lol!! Only fit standard sporter barrels for a Savage Model 12 with a bottom bolt release...

predatormaster
02-24-2016, 01:55 PM
Anybody who makes a nice laminate thumbhole stock for a Savage Model 12FCV. It's a heavy bull barreled bolt action bottom bolt release with a detachable box magazine. I can't seem to find ANYTHING thats fits it!!

Texas10
02-26-2016, 09:39 PM
Here ya go...

http://www.eabco.net/Savage-Laminated-Thumbhole-Stock-for-Detachable-Mag-Rifles-by-Revolution_p_13974.html

WILL fit bottom bolt release models.

rgmorales
03-03-2016, 05:43 PM
I had to open mine, since I was installing an 11 VT rifle on it, with a Heavy barrel.

With a Dremmel and some patience, you can get it done, for the heavy Barrel and a completely free floating barrel.

It is not a big deal to do the modification. I actually enjoyed it.

Just remove material and keep testing with a paper until it free floats.

Regards