02-22-2016, 10:04 PM
Any suggestions on who to go with here... Timney, basix

drybean
02-22-2016, 10:07 PM
SSS Comp trigger

geargrinder
02-23-2016, 12:02 AM
Depends on what you want it to do.

If you need a competition style light weight pull, go with the SSS or the Basix Sav2.

If you just need a reasonably crisp clean trigger find a factory 3-screw and replace the spring. With some tuning and adjustment, they can be very good.

The Timney and the Basix Sav1 are pretty much just a copy of the 3-screw. Not worth the money unless you can't locate a 3-screw.

Haiku_Rodney
02-23-2016, 08:52 PM
I replaced my factory trigger with a Timney. I like it, clean & crisp. The instructions were not the greatest and it took a bit of fiddling to get it where I want it. It has been a considerable help to my accuracy. I should note though that I am a hunter and not a target shooter so my requirements are a little different.

Damon555
02-24-2016, 07:10 PM
I have both a Rifle Basix Sav-1 and Sav-2. Both are excellent triggers that I use in different applications. The Sav-1 is on a 223 AI that I just built and is an excellent trigger for Varmint shooting and informal target shooting....which is what the rifle will be used for. The Sav-2 is on a 6XC that I use for very long range target shooting and serves that purpose very well. The Rifle Basix triggers are easy to install and adjust if you pay attention to what you are doing. I would purchase with confidence if I needed another.

I've also had exposure to a Timney trigger although that was on a Winchester rifle. That was an awesome trigger too but needed to be fitted by a gunsmith.

The factory accu-triggers can also be adjusted to work quite well too.....but I'm not really a big fan of the blade.

If you stick to the big name triggers you will undoubtedly get a perfectly acceptable product.

LongRange
02-24-2016, 09:57 PM
SSS comp trigger is hands down the best savage trigger made and I've shot all of them...shot RB-2s for 6-7yrs and the SSS comp trigger is a big up grade and $40 bucks cheaper.

WinnieTheBoom
02-25-2016, 09:45 AM
Contrary to most, I actually really disliked the SAV-1, and thought the SAV-2 was only marginally better. Definitely not worth the $150 in my eyes.

The SSS Comp trigger is fantastic, but good luck finding them anywhere or expect to wait a few weeks or months for one.

I went with the Timney on both of my Savages and absolutely love them... set just under 2 lbs they are awesome to shoot.