PDA

View Full Version : Straight Trigger?

Twostepct
02-21-2016, 08:44 PM
Has anyone ever shot with one of these? They're made for Remington's, AR's (I believe) and some handgun brands but I can't find anything for Savage? I wonder what the possibility would be of straightening out a factory trigger?

WinnieTheBoom
02-23-2016, 11:29 AM
The question is, why would you want one?

They're big in the AR world. I had one on my Mega Arms precision build and hated it, so it was repalced with a Geissele. They're really nothing special at all, and they take some getting used to. But there's very little if any reason to have one on a bolt gun.

Twostepct
02-23-2016, 12:34 PM
No reason in particular other than curiousity, I've never shot, or known someone who has, with one.

schnyd112
02-24-2016, 02:12 AM
They are big on competition/bullseye pistols as well. It's preference, I personally don't like them. I have short, stubby fingers and the straight trigger adds to the Length of pull. I have never seen one on a bolt gun. Careful if you try to straighten your own trigger. You may change the pivot point without knowing and render the mechanism inoperable.

Twostepct
02-24-2016, 07:36 AM
Thank you. I've never shot with one at all, some of the logic behind them is intriguing though. I've seen them for 1911's, some Sigs and Glocks too. I understand what you're saying about the pivot too, maybe something like that is why they don't have them for Savage. Thanks again.

They are big on competition/bullseye pistols as well. It's preference, I personally don't like them. I have short, stubby fingers and the straight trigger adds to the Length of pull. I have never seen one on a bolt gun. Careful if you try to straighten your own trigger. You may change the pivot point without knowing and render the mechanism inoperable.

cm12setx
02-24-2016, 06:07 PM
I have one one a pistol for competition, it did add to the length of pull. I like it for that reason for shooting in competitions, because I have big hands. For a rifle I am not sold on the idea.

thatguyshm
03-24-2016, 01:03 PM
I put a Timney straight trigger on my Rem 700P, and I love it. Its still in the HS stock, adjusted to around 2.5 pounds. I have large hands, and feel that with my finger at the very bottom of the trigger with just the pad, I can apply smooth, consistent force. I absolutely love straight triggers.