PDA

View Full Version : Loading at the Range

archerben
02-21-2016, 04:14 PM
My load development would go a lot quicker of I could load at on the fly at the range. Does anybody do this? Does anybody have suggestions for a mobile loading option?

XL105
02-21-2016, 05:20 PM

Russmerle
02-21-2016, 06:12 PM
I've thought about this too... Seems to be an efficient way to develop as you shoot. I like the idea of having a van or King cab to work out of but at the bench could be distracting with others around like at my range...

LongRange
02-21-2016, 08:40 PM
I do load development where i shoot....XL105 posted a link to a range box i just made but prior to that id throw what i needed in a box and head out...but unlike a lot of you guys im 15 minutes from where i shoot so running home and loading a few rounds isnt a big deal.

One thing to note though if using different equipment at the range keep notes because some of your range equipment might vary enough to through your load off.

m12lrs
02-21-2016, 09:36 PM
My portable/range reloading setup.

I use a Harrell combo press, Harrell precision BR powder measure, Sinclair priming tool and a gempro powder scale. All fits easily in my range box with all the typical small tools.

just use an neck brush on the case necks, clean the primer pockets and wipe the cases off with an alcohol wipe.

I use full length sizing dies with my AR's and Wilson neck dies with my bolt guns. All bullet seating is with Wilson seating dies.

you can put a range reloading rig together very inexpensively with a rcbs partner press and a lee perfect powder measure and a balance beam scale. Of course all your typical reloading tools calipers priming tool etc.......