PDA

View Full Version : Striker stiff action/bolt

johned
02-21-2016, 12:55 PM
I have a Target action that I had Fred time and true. It is reasonably smooth without serious lumps and well worth what I paid. My little Striker is a real bear and has serious notches in the travel of the bolt to cock the firing pin. Nothing is broken or damaged that I can see. The problem seems to be the metal contact betwee the bolt and "Cocking Piece Pin". The ramp cut into the Bolt Body looks rough.

Question: I know I can lap this with compound grits but that will leave a scar in the pin so i want to do that as the last step with fine grit. There is also a large hump that keeps the bolt handle up at the end of concking travel(up). That tum has a sharp radius that can never be run smoothly by the Cocking Piece Pin with the force of the firing pin spring pushin g it. I loaded that joint with grease for nearly no improvement. That capture nub needs to be reduced and the ramp face needs to be smoothed. how is that normally done.

I have read stickies and posts till I am blind and while i have learned a lot I still have no answer to my question. anybody have info.

Thank you,

John