PDA

View Full Version : Shehane Tracker

m12lrs
02-17-2016, 02:18 PM
anybody out there tried the Shehane st-1000L.

it is a laminated long range benchrest/varmint stock

I have one coming in African Obeche with the indian paint

cant wait but it will be 2 months

http://scopeusout.com/images/Indian_Paint_Obeche_pattern_drop_in_for_BAT[1]..jpg

rdog52
02-19-2016, 05:15 PM
Who is making the stock?

m12lrs
02-19-2016, 05:51 PM
Who is making the stock?

Bill Shehane http://scopeusout.3dcartstores.com/About-Us_ep_7.html

they mostly sell to the competition benchrest crowd. They usually sell the raw stock and a gunsmith does the inletting, pillar bedding and glass bedding. I have always wanted one so I called him. Told him it was a savage target action. He will inlet, pillar and glass bed the barreled action complete for a very reasonable price I felt.

rjtfroggy
02-19-2016, 05:56 PM
http://www.savageshooters.com/showthread.php?27718-New-br-rifle

You mean like this one.
After I got it was extremely happy the inletting fit like a glove. If you are happy with the price you won't be disappointed.

m12lrs
02-19-2016, 09:41 PM
always wanted a Shehane. Don't really care about the price. I have great expectations. Sounds like his work will live up to them.

m12lrs
02-19-2016, 09:54 PM
I have a savage target Right-bolt, left-load, right-eject, dual port. setting it up as a switchbarrel. Have a 6mm BR and a 6.5 Creedmoor now. No telling with the future holds. A 6.5 saum maybe.

You guys can help me make a decision on my scope. Trying to decide between a Nightforce precision benchrest 12-42 or the competition 15-55. $1000 difference. Is the competition that much better for long range shooting?

pyscodog
02-19-2016, 11:19 PM
Could I be so forward as to ask how much> Really pretty stock.

m12lrs
02-20-2016, 07:22 AM
he quoted me $100 to inlet the stock to match my barreled action. I think that is very reasonable. From what I have read on other post on this forum it looks like the extras add up pretty quickly. You have to realize his major market is the competition benchrest shooter. They buy the raw stock and have a gunsmith build them a gun. I was surprised and pleased to find out he even did those services.

Tracker Target Stock Prices

The ST-1000L & F are used in IBS, NBRSA and Williamsport 1000yd. Light Gun competition (16 1/2 & 17lbs.) and F-class cross the coarse shooting.It also has become one of the best for varmint and long range big game shooting too. The stock in laminate weighs 3lbs. 14ozs. as is and can be made as light as 3lbs. with holes in the buttstock and forend. The laminated Obeche is 10% lighter and 10% stronger than the Rutland laminate.
The fiberglass version made for me by McMillan is the same weight as the Rutland laminate and has hard fill in the action area and 6’s into the barrel channel for barrel block applications. (SST-1000F & MBR Tracker F in McMillan Fiberglass $515.) The ST-1000L is available in a thumbhole style at $595. & $625. in Obeche. $695 in French Walnut Obeche.
**Lee Six Modified Thumbhole also available at the same price as the Tracker. * *
The Tracker II- $495. In Obeche $595. Has a more conventional pistol grip and drop cone for those wanting to grip the pistol grip more. Has all the same features as the ST-1000L. Will handle actions as big as 1.7’s and barrels as large as 1.45’s and 36’s long.
MBR-Tracker- $495. In Obeche $625. This is the Tooley MBR but with the features of the Tracker on the forend and under the buttstock. For the shooter who likes a more tactical / vertical pistol grip.
Big Dawg Tracker – $625.00 in Rutland – $855 in African Obeche. Same as our MBR Tracker but on Steroids. 4″ longer forend and the forend can be as wide as 5″. Handles actions up to the large 2″ Bats. Handles barrels as long as 40″ + 1.5″ diameter.
ST-HG- $695. In Obeche $895. This stock is used in the Heavy Gun 1000yd. class as well as in the Unlimited class in short range BR as a bag gun. Also doubles as a long-range varmint / big game stock for shooting on portable tables or from towers. Made for rifles with and actions and barrels as large as 2’s and 40’s long. Forend can be cut to suit the barrel length.
ST-BR (Baby Tracker)-$495. & Obeche $625. This stock is used in 100-200yd. BR in the IBS & NBRSA. Also doubles for light-weight varmint/target stock. The stock can be as light as 28oz’s. In Rutland wood and 10% lighter in all of the Obeche colors and patterns.
Rimfire Sporter- $625. in Obeche– This stock in available in the 5418 Anchutz, ULA and the New Hall Sporter action inlets only and as flattops. Meets all RBA, IR-50-50 and ARA rules for the sporter class. Weight is from 20oz. to about 24ozs. Depending on the Obeche blank and inlet
LAMINATED MAXI TRACKERS
Now the Maxi Tracker is available in either Rutland or Obeche Laminate. Chrome Plated front and rear rails and can have either a laminated or alum. Barrel block.
Rutland laminate including rails — $1695.
Obeche Laminate including rails — $1995.
** All Prices are subject to change. A %15 Re-Stocking fee charged on all returns.**
For more Info: Call D&B Supply 704-824-7511 9am to 5pm East. Monday – Friday. We’re usually shooting on Sats. and Sundays somewhere!