PDA

View Full Version : Savage Wish List

geezerhood
02-14-2016, 01:42 PM
I am sure this has been done at least 3 brazillion times before but when I searched the site I didn't find much using "wish list", "want list" "what do you want" and "what do you wish" in the search box, just an old post from 2011 with no responses (Might be a bellwether of how this post will be received?) or maybe I am not using the right search words?

What is your "Wish List" - something Savage would offer that they currently do not or something they would change?

Here is mine to get it started pretty much in preferential order

338 Lapua action only, stainless - cut for a 3.850 AI style magazine, no bottom metal (Don't need a mag but will take it if it doesn't increase the price more than $60), NOTCHED barrel nut, recoil lug (don't really want the lug...) and a target Accutrigger. Priced about the same as the current Target actions, a bit more for the special steel / heat treating that is needed.
As above but cut for the shorter 3.715 AI magazines with your choice of bolt head (30-06 or standard magnum)
Stainless short action with the small loading port/solid top, center feed magazine cutout, barrel nut and "red" Accutrigger. (Don't need the mag, bottom metal or recoil lug)
Mini 223 sized action like the Sako L46X or Mini Mauser. Though to keep with the standard small barrel shank, it would be larger in diameter than the Sako, of course. (*with an instant response from the stock, scope base and chassis makers for parts to fit it)
Larger diameter action for the 408 CheyTac in Stainless (*)
50 BMG mag fed action or complete rifle (not joking) (*)
20mm Action (kind of joking)

As you can see my interest is pretty much limited to the actions. I don't like having to buy a complete rifle to get the action I want. I prefer aftermarket stocks and barrels.

Hair_Boxers
02-14-2016, 07:41 PM
Ultralight mid length action for a 284 mountain rifle build.

sharpshooter
02-14-2016, 07:50 PM
Wish in one hand and ..............
Half of what you mentioned can be had from Stiller Precision Firearms.

LoneWolf
02-16-2016, 12:37 AM
Wish in one hand and ..............
Half of what you mentioned can be had from Stiller Precision Firearms.
And many other custom actions companies at that. Surgeon, ARC, Defiance, Bighorn, Atlas, Stiller, SAC, .....

Savage has one thing going for it and that is the cost to play. This is the reason improvements or adjustments haven't been made to fix the known issues. And "new" doesn't normally mean "new" when Savage bring out new things within their center fire lines.

DrThunder88
02-16-2016, 09:48 AM
It would be cool if the Axis' shelves had ramps on both sides so a lefty could be turned into a RBLP (and vice versa) without custom machining.