PDA

View Full Version : Barrel instalation Questions

vet2260
02-13-2016, 09:14 PM
ok ordered a new barrel received it and went to install it but it only goes in about half an inch and got tight dont want to gorilla it and mess things up. The original goes in and out with no problem and asked some one else about it and was told the threads on the new barrel were max and the action might be a minimum thread tolerance.. Any one have any ideas on what i might be able to do instead of maybe calling the barrel mfg and asking them to match it up??? Thanks:frusty::censored:

short round
02-13-2016, 10:34 PM
If front scope mount on receiver, remove it, front screw may be a bit to long. May have to shorten screw.

DrThunder88
02-14-2016, 10:26 AM
Like short round, I suspect something is obstructing the threads. Axises are normally known for copious quantities of steel blasting media in the receiver threads and on the barrel shank, but that wouldn't explain why the factory barrel would fit while the aftermarket barrel does not. Otherwise I'd recommend making sure the threads are clear

Measure the threads of both the barrel shank and the receiver with your calipers, that will tell if there is an interference with the new barrel.

vet2260
02-14-2016, 05:14 PM
:cool:ok Thanks ill go back and recheck everything and see if i can clean the threads up and se where it might get me.. did notice its going in a little further after running a wire brush in the threads.. Ok Thanks DR Thunder I just went back out and took a scribe to the threads and really got some stuff out and used a lot of anti seize and finally got it to thread all the way on so now I can get it all head spaced and get to the range and see what it will do..:cool:w