PDA

View Full Version : Kowa tsn -2 advice

icker96
02-12-2016, 04:10 PM
I have a chance to buy this scope for $275. Thoughts?

KOWA TSN-2 spotting scope with 25x Long Eye Relief (LER) eyepiece, 77mm objective lens, a KOWA 2OX, 40x and 60x variable power eyepiece, and KOWA Cordura carrying case with zippered openings for the objective lens, eyepiece and tripod mount (so that the scope can be used without removing from the protective case). This is a great spotting scope for bird watching, digi-scoping, hunting, or any other outdoor sport that requires a good quality high-performance scope.

yobuck
02-12-2016, 06:05 PM
If you dont buy that please inform me who has it for sale. Ill give you $100 just for doing that.
The zoom eyepiece alone is worth the asking price. This would usually sell on ebay for about $500 with 1 eyepiece.
This scope would be about 20 years old at this point. I have 2 of them installed in a fully adjustable machined bracket
that i use for long range hunting. Each of my sons have the same setup. If you wear glasses the long eye relief would
be a good eyepiece to have. If not the long eye relief is a pita and you would find youself using the zoom.
I could email you pics of mine in the bracket.

icker96
02-12-2016, 11:54 PM
Okay Yobuck, I took your advice and am buying it tomorrow. Hopefully it works out really well. If not, I'll just sell it to you.LOL

Go ahead and send me those pics of your setup if you don't mind.

yobuck
02-12-2016, 11:59 PM
PM me your email address and ill do that.