PDA

View Full Version : Accuracy article

Hair_Boxers
02-06-2016, 09:46 PM
Really interesting read about a warehouse range in Houston and the accuracy related findings that came out of it.

Original link from Snipers Hide but I picked it up from Rokslide.

http://2poqx8tjzgi65olp24je4x4n.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/secrets-of-the-houston-warehouse-by-dave-scott-precision-shooting-magazine-special-edition-1-1993.pdf

pbmax84
02-06-2016, 10:48 PM
I have read that article, and they came up with some interesting conclusions.....and some questions. Wouldn't it be great to have a place like that to test loads?

sharpshooter
02-07-2016, 12:19 AM
I have talked with a guy that was actually there when they did it. He says everything they learned about the warehouse, only pertains to the warehouse, not the real world. So don't get too excited.

Hair_Boxers
02-07-2016, 12:06 PM
I have talked with a guy that was actually there when they did it. He says everything they learned about the warehouse, only pertains to the warehouse, not the real world. So don't get too excited.

That was my understanding as well. Basically laboratory conditions. Virtually impossible to replicate exactly in the real world, but maybe some of the learnings can help improve results.

I mainly thought it was interesting that it seemed like neck tension and bullet seating were bigger factors of consistent tack driving accuracy than charge weight or powder type.

eddiesindian
02-08-2016, 12:39 AM
good read. ive always considered same neck tension to be curtail. I can feel the resistance in the press ram change when Im pressing a pill in on a case that's hardened. ill set that round aside along with the rest of them that are set for dismantling. ill mark those case,s that I feel need to ne annealed .
ive often wanted to design a pressure sensor per say that would have the ability of reading the amount of force it takes to press a pill in.

FW Conch
02-08-2016, 05:20 AM
^ "ei", until you develop that sensor, a LEE hand press is great for getting the "feel" for neck tension when seating pills.^