PDA

View Full Version : Drake Associates Chassis for Savage

bearcatrp
02-06-2016, 07:53 PM
Anyone put one of these on there savage rifle? Didn't even hear of these folks until the stealths were announced. Was considering a XLR Industries chassis but after looking at these, may change my mind. Here is a link from what I have found.... https://www.drakeassociates.us/product-category/products/chassis-systems/

LongRange
02-06-2016, 10:15 PM
have you seen the prices on those chassis?

bearcatrp
02-06-2016, 11:29 PM
$750 for the top one. I just want to know if they are worth the money they cost.

geezerhood
02-07-2016, 11:12 AM
It would be interesting to shoot the same action / load in one of their chassis, several 5 or 10 shot strings, then try it in an XLR, MDT Tac 21 or something similar and see if the "roller" bedding system makes any difference in accuracy.

Does that scope rail shown floating in the air attach to the rifle action only - free floating over the chassis, to the chassis only - free floating over the action or is it attached to both?

LongRange
02-07-2016, 11:24 AM
$750 for the top one. I just want to know if they are worth the money they cost.

not bad...i didnt look at the top chassis.

It would be interesting to shoot the same action / load in one of their chassis, several 5 or 10 shot strings, then try it in an XLR, MDT Tac 21 or something similar and see if the "roller" bedding system makes any difference in accuracy.

Does that scope rail shown floating in the air attach to the rifle action only - free floating over the chassis, to the chassis only - free floating over the action or is it attached to both?

im wondering the same thing about the scope rail...if it looks like its attached the the fore end.

bearcatrp
02-07-2016, 11:43 AM
Not sure if I like the rail kind of floating over the barrel. Looking more at the Cadex OT Core since my 10T already has a rail. $653.00 for that one. Already have a PRS stock and pistol grip from other AR10's parts to use. I emailed them yesterday evening and was surprised to get a response around 9pm. Seem very helpful. $808.00 for the hunter stalker that will be used on the new savage stealths coming out. Can't wait to see them when released.

LongRange
02-07-2016, 11:50 AM
Not sure if I like the rail kind of floating over the barrel. Looking more at the Cadex OT Core since my 10T already has a rail. $653.00 for that one. Already have a PRS stock and pistol grip from other AR10's parts to use. I emailed them yesterday evening and was surprised to get a response around 9pm. Seem very helpful. $808.00 for the hunter stalker that will be used on the new savage stealths coming out. Can't wait to see them when released.

me as well...also looking forward to seeing just how much of a difference there is between the factory actions and there trued actions.

bearcatrp
02-07-2016, 06:07 PM
Some more emails with them today. That top rail screws in where the rail I remove from my 10T. Was considering cadex ot core but now rethinking. Only issue I see is if I need to remove the stock I will have to unscrew the top part whereas if I go with the cadex ot core, the rail on my barrel remains.

LongRange
02-07-2016, 06:24 PM
so does the rail attach to the action as well as the chassis?

bearcatrp
02-07-2016, 09:22 PM
so does the rail attach to the action as well as the chassis?

To my understanding from the emails i got today, yes. Decisions decisions. Not sure which way I will go. Price is almost the same.

Newsshooter
02-07-2016, 10:23 PM
Not as fancy but you could get a Mcree folder for that price.

bearcatrp
02-08-2016, 10:44 AM
The Mcree looks ok but not for me. Will be placing an order for the Cadex OT Core this morning. 6 week wait but being winter in Minnesota, not in any hurry.

bearcatrp
02-08-2016, 02:39 PM
Just got off the phone with them to place my order. Learned something new while talking to him. Go check out there web site, scroll down to the bottom and watch that video. It will show what there 308 system did over in Afghanistan. I won't say to spoil it but just ****ing wow coming from a 20 inch barrel for that distance.
https://www.drakeassociates.us/