PDA

View Full Version : SSS Competition trigger to the Great White North??

Cupped N Committed
02-06-2016, 06:46 PM
As the title states, I am looking for a SSS competition trigger for my 111. It used to be a LWH in 6.5x284, but is getting a makeover into a long range hunting machine! Lol

Macmillan game scout stock in coyote ambush.
Benchmark 26" spiral fluted barrel with an S4 contour.
Vortex viper 6-24x50 EBR-1 MOA FFP
Xtreme Hardcore Gear rings and rail

All I need is a new trigger to get this baby finished up and I can't bring myself to buy a timney....

I have emailed SSS a couple times since Tuesday with no replies. I'm wondering if anyone knows of anyone that ships them to Canada??

Thanks a bunch!
Cupped

short round
02-06-2016, 11:06 PM
Brownells ships to Canada, would be worth a call to see about trigger. From what I read in catalog they will help with shipping details. Might help to check out Canadian Bench Rest Web site.

J.Baker
02-07-2016, 04:52 AM
Brownell's will likely be your one and only option. Only other outfit I know for certain that carries the SSS triggers is Dennis on here but shipping gun parts to Canada is a no-no without going through all the import/export nonsense and I doubt he's setup for that.

Cupped N Committed
02-08-2016, 01:30 PM
I finally got an email back from SSS. Apparently their competition trigger does not work with a bottom bolt release. Can anyone point me in the right direction for instructions on the spring trimming? I'd like to be around 12oz-1lb on the pull. This is my only option at this point as I had to relocate those trigger finds elsewhere and can't sink anymore into this build.

Thanks

Lynn
02-09-2016, 01:52 AM
I just installed one in my 111 long-range hunter in 338 Lapua Ackley Improved but it has the side bolt release.
I never did hear back from SSS so I bought mine from Brownells as well.

doctnj
02-09-2016, 08:07 AM
I ordered 2 of them from SSS a couple days apart maybe 3 but more likely 4 weeks ago now and have heard nothing. Lisa was like "I'll get them right out to you". Well we have different definitions of RIGHT. I am nearly thinking about reverse charges and go with Brownells. Although that would probably put a wrench in my getting Fred to true and time. Ya think?