PDA

View Full Version : Pennsylvania checking in. Injured, paralyzed, but still here.

Dave Hoback
02-02-2016, 11:06 PM
From Pa everyone. I've owned Savage rifles since I was 18.(I'm pushing 38 now). My latest is involved in a serious build. Have a thread, with pics, in the "my build" forum here. Anyway, I have a pretty extensive background with all firearms. Have been building rifles and handguns for about 11 years. I have worked as an firearms instructor and qualified as armorer with 7 different makers. Well, my world was turned upside down on June 4th., 2014. I involved in a bike accident(that wasn't my fault), & run over by an SUV. I suffered brain hemorrhaging, and was in a coma for a week. Doctors could not tell my wife if I would live or die for 4 days. I also suffered a broken left humorous broken sternum, broken clavicle, broken scapula & 2 broken left ribs. In addition, I was also a victim of a serious brachial plexus injury. This caused complete paralyzation in my left arm/hand. I went through a long period of depression, but with help from my Father God, He brought me back. It was actually firearms that got my head screwed on right. I decided to build my 2nd 1911. But I only had one hand to work with. I told myself no matter how long it takes me, if I can build it, I can do anything. The first 1911 I built years before this accident, for my dad and it took my 3 months. And that was with BOTH hands! I built the second one in 5 weeks, and it came out amazing. I also did 3 more Ar15s over the summer. In addition to building firearms, I also reload ammunition & make custom knives. I make hunting knives, chef knives & combat knives. So that's me everyone. There is actually a lot more, but I'll save some for another time.

Rick_W
02-02-2016, 11:32 PM
Welcome aboard Dave!

Look forward to following your continued recovery and future builds.

Russmerle
02-02-2016, 11:33 PM
Welcome Dave. Very sorry to hear about your injury but am glad you're with us and kicking. Keep doing what makes you happy and welcome to the forum! God bless brother

drybean
02-02-2016, 11:38 PM
Welcome aboard

ragsflh
02-04-2016, 07:34 AM
welcome aboard dave.

big honkin jeep
02-04-2016, 05:51 PM
Welcome

ivob
02-04-2016, 06:09 PM
welcome from Canada