PDA

View Full Version : A New SavageShooters Shoot!

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

scooterf79
03-25-2016, 04:32 PM
That makes me feel better....that at least someone else besides isnt gonna start bangin 1k right off the bat lol. Just got back from shooting my 6x55, I shot the best couple of groups since Ive been messing with it, so thatll be my load for next weekend. My 6br, i just put new glass on it and sighted it in today with some ammo i just worked up, and while not as tight as I want them, my groups are very consistent so far.
Im pretty stoked about coming down!
Scooter
P.S. ALL mine need shot some lol

DrThunder88
03-26-2016, 03:02 PM
I'll have Taxis and Maxis along for sure. I was hoping to have a new project to bring this time around, but, without its barrel, it'll be difficult to shoot.

scooterf79
03-27-2016, 01:52 PM
Ahh the Maxis and Taxis...in person! Sweet!
Ya know Chris, I cant get mine to shoot without the barrel either!
Scooter

Hotolds442
03-27-2016, 02:23 PM
That makes me feel better....that at least someone else besides isnt gonna start bangin 1k right off the bat lol. Just got back from shooting my 6x55, I shot the best couple of groups since Ive been messing with it, so thatll be my load for next weekend. My 6br, i just put new glass on it and sighted it in today with some ammo i just worked up, and while not as tight as I want them, my groups are very consistent so far.
Im pretty stoked about coming down!
Scooter
P.S. ALL mine need shot some lol

Post those loads up on the 6x55 thread for others (myself included) to try out Scooter!

DrThunder88
03-30-2016, 02:08 AM
This weekend is coming up fast. I've got to get loading!

scooterf79
03-30-2016, 02:37 AM
Ive been loading up stuff the last couple days, hopefully finishing up tomorrow. Im gettin stoked!
Scooter

Rosco
03-30-2016, 11:04 AM
Both days are looking at being really nice with 0% chance of precipitation and mostly sunny with a high of around 60. All of us better learn to call wind on Saturday though supposedly the winds will be about 20 miles an hour from the West on Sunday it will calm down a little bit and probably only be around 5 or 6.

LoneWolf
03-30-2016, 11:08 AM
20mph isn't to bad. It's the 30+ that really gets rough.

Rosco
03-30-2016, 11:15 AM
If the wind was coming in directly from the West at 9 o'clock at 20 miles an hour according to my ballistics app it's pushing my bullet just a little bit over 12 feet to the right at 1000 yards.

LoneWolf
03-30-2016, 11:18 AM
About 4 Mils for me. I stopped thinking in inches/feet a long time ago with concerns to shooting.

scooterf79
03-30-2016, 03:10 PM
Both days are looking at being really nice with 0% chance of precipitation and mostly sunny with a high of around 60. All of us better learn to call wind on Saturday though supposedly the winds will be about 20 miles an hour from the West on Sunday it will calm down a little bit and probably only be around 5 or 6.
Of course! The only day I get to shoot itll be windy....oh well..part of it [emoji6] lol
Scooter

Rosco
03-30-2016, 05:40 PM
Kentucky is just not used to seeing a lot of wind we are the third least windy state in the country most of the time even on a windy day it's only 4-7 miles an hour. So to have a sustained 15 to 20 mile per hour wind it's something different for us out here probably not so much for the guys out west.

scooterf79
03-30-2016, 06:00 PM
Same here in West Virginia, very little wind here usually. Itll be an adventure lol
Scooter

LoneWolf
03-30-2016, 06:39 PM
Kentucky is just not used to seeing a lot of wind we are the third least windy state in the country most of the time even on a windy day it's only 4-7 miles an hour. So to have a sustained 15 to 20 mile per hour wind it's something different for us out here probably not so much for the guys out west.

This is true! I've had a lot of practice in wind reading out here. I actually like when there is a good mirage because the Mirage in conjunction with the range flags (When there are flags) Makes it very easy to estimate the current wind conditions. The harder stuff is when it's coming through a valley and the flag is literally spinning around the pole due to swirls occurring right at the target line!

Front Royalty
03-30-2016, 09:44 PM
I expect to see pics of all rigs and shooters, but not necessarily together! Have fun and stay safe. Really wish I was able to attend. Definitely next one, just hoping its not a year away!

LoneWolf
03-30-2016, 09:46 PM
I'll be settled in NC by late Summer/Early Fall, so around that time would be good for me.

Rosco
03-30-2016, 11:05 PM
A fall meet sounds good but may be difficult. Rockcastle is very busy range for all manner of events. PRS, Three gun, Mammoth Sniper challenge just to name a few. The late summer and early Fall months almost always have something going around the weekend. Last year we couldn't schedule anything for all of Sept and October and had to wait till November.

Will keep everyone posted.

Rosco
04-02-2016, 10:30 PM
Great first day at the range!! The weather conditions were practically perfect with mostly sunny clear skies, 30% Humidity and about 50-55 degrees. We had the whole range to ourselves, but then we had the WIND and yes it should be in capital letters. In the morning the avg speed was anywhere from 10-20mph with gusts that I bet hit 30mph and it didn't improve at all. Moreover, speeds seemed to different throughout the valley, so it may have been 15 mph at our location and then 25mph at the target. The only thing that seemed to be working in our favor was that is almost always coming in at our 6 o'clock.

Their were steel targets that were set from 150 to 1100 yds in varying increments , mostly 100 yards, but we skipped from 875 to 1000. We all shot pretty well out to 500yrds, but I struggled being consistent with anything past that. Scooter's 6BR did the most damage and he was able to hit his first 1000 yard IPSC target with two consecutive shots!! More to come and DrThunder will have a more comprehensive write up I am sure :)

Lastly, Kudos to the Strelock Pro app as it was right on target with elevation for every shot I was actually able to put on target!!

scooterf79
04-04-2016, 04:53 PM
Great day indeed! Diddo pretty much everything Rosco said, great weather, all around great time.
My first 1000yd hit....WOW! That was awesome! My local 400yd range will seem like a letdown now...😢 lol.
Cant wait to see DrThunder's write-up! I didnt get very many pics but I'll post them in DrT's write up of the trip.
Thanks to Rosco for setting it up and getting us into the range!
Scooter

LoneWolf
04-04-2016, 04:55 PM
I look forward to hopefully making the next trip with you guys. Sounds like it was a good time for sure!