PDA

View Full Version : Need Better Bipod

Pages : 1 [2]

Russmerle
03-03-2016, 12:50 AM
Russ, don't take this the wrong way, but are you sure you mounted the Harris correctly? The legs should fold forward, toward the muzzle, not back toward the trigger. It shouldn't fold up in use if it's installed correctly and used within reason.

I just ran across an ad for a rifle and the guy had it on backwards so I understand how you would think that's possible. My rifle is pushing 16 lbs now and may be getting heavier. The wiggle of me settling in behind the rifle is causing the problems. I shoot from prone only and between loading bipod, recoil, trying to get comfortable, stuff coming loose (I locktited everything after starting this thread), i am just leaning towards a positively locking bipod; when the legs swing down they lock into place. A UTG type or like the one posted by 243LPR. simple and rugged, that's what I'm looking for.

I've got an old SKS bipod I'm going to fab up for fun. Hopefully I can post some interesting pics for you guys to look at. I am guessing it will be the ugly duckling of bipods when I'm done lol