PDA

View Full Version : Looks Like Savage Buckled To PC

Pages : [1] 2

scope eye
01-29-2016, 03:38 AM
Yes Savage has done away with the Indian as there logo, way to go. Hey just a heads up corporate, you obviously don't know who your demographics are so you might want your marketing dept to brush up a bit, Not impressed in fact very disappointing.

Signed
Your Bread and Butter

PS: Yes I called the logo an Indian, Oh They Humanities.

PPS:The Savage Arms Co. was founded by ARTHUR SAVAGE - In Utica N.Y. in 1892.

tufrthnails
01-29-2016, 06:29 AM
WOW! I didn't hear about that. Not sure what they think they will gain by losing it. Nobody does or doesn't buy a Savage because of a sticker. It could have a pink pony and I would just remove it and have a sweet shooting rifle at a reasonable cost!

67tundra
01-29-2016, 07:18 AM
They haven't taken it off the website yet. http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160129/fc588c809152070d896e6a7f32d76a7d.jpg bunch of baby's that get butt hurt to easy anymore.

ivob
01-29-2016, 07:27 AM
IMO sad to see they're going in that direction - I personally never had a problem with their logo and keep them on the rifles even if I could peel them off.

Just checked the web site and the new logo isn't great at all two thumbs down

GaCop
01-29-2016, 08:14 AM
Now that Savage is owned by a conglomerate rather than the Savage family, let's hope quality doesn't go down hill like it did when Remington acquired Marlin. Everyone now looks for the older "JM" stamped rifles because they're better quality than the crap Remington turns out now.

Keyhole
01-29-2016, 08:27 AM
They changed the logo on the full site but not the mobile site. Looks awfully uninspired.

olddav
01-29-2016, 09:10 AM
That new logo is kind of sad, if their going to change logos at least design something interesting.

WinnieTheBoom
01-29-2016, 09:16 AM
Those stickers that come on the stocks just became a whole lot more valuable.

wbm
01-29-2016, 09:28 AM
Will I ever buy a Savage rifle with the new logo? No. Do I think that Savage really cares whether I buy another one of their rifles or not? No.

yobuck
01-29-2016, 10:10 AM
Will I ever buy a Savage rifle with the new logo? No. Do I think that Savage really cares whether I buy another one of their rifles or not? No.

Interesting question. Will we continue to support companies and people, who refuse to cave in or who do cave in to political correctness?
I agree they probably wouldnt care at this point. The decision has been made and the sparks created will soon fade away is no doubt what their thinking.
Maybe old Arthur would rather have a savage looking pink pony logo anyway in light of our current enviornment?
Id rather think he would fire the s o b who even dared bring that subject up.

scope eye
01-29-2016, 10:24 AM
There are a lot of good choices out there now, I am not saying I am going to Boycott them. I am just not going to be as loyal I was if at all, and just like anything else there is enough aftermarket support, that one would do just fine without them if they were so inclined.

Dean

J.Baker
01-29-2016, 10:44 AM
Funny, I thought I mentioned this and gave my two cents on it in the article (http://www.savageshooters.com/content.php?330-New-Savage-Models-for-2016) I posted on the homepage last week about all the new models for 2016. Apparently nobody pays any attention to the homepage anymore.

And if you didn't notice at the top of this page, Savage Arms has abandoned the old Indian head logo in favor of this new design. Given all the politically correct nonsense surrounding the Washington Redskins and other uses of Native American related names, logos and mascots it was just a matter of time before Savage did this. It's sad to see it go, but this is the times we live in and I really can't blame Savage for playing it safe rather than waiting for some Civil Rights group to serve them with a lawsuit claiming it's derogatory. Never mind that the Chief Lame Bear personally gave Savage Arms permission to use his effigy as their logo in trade for a discounted price on rifles for members of his tribe - that wouldn't matter in today's ridiculous world.

And yes, the new logo is very boring and unappealing.

Russmerle
01-29-2016, 11:59 AM
For the love of political correctness; that is a terrible looking logo they designed... I think I'm done lol I'll just build on old actions if I need another "S" rifle.

chukarmandoo
01-29-2016, 12:08 PM
My 2 cents - keep the logo - change the name:brick:

darkker
01-29-2016, 01:00 PM
Now that Savage is owned by a conglomerate rather than the Savage family, let's hope quality doesn't go down hill like it did when Remington acquired Marlin. Everyone now looks for the older "JM" stamped rifles because they're better quality than the crap Remington turns out now.

That's a bit different. Marlin sold out to an investment group, Cerberus. Cerberus is classic investment groups who "extract" any possible value at the expense of the brand/name/quality. Cerberus stuffed Marlin under the Remington banner.
Savage sold to Defense Contractor ATK. For those of us who have been dealing with Savage for decades, the QC has NEVER been consistent. They haven't improved or declined. I'm not sure if Savage got spun-off into the private shooting group the same as Speer or not. If they are still under ATK, don't expect anything. If they are private, expect but don't hold your breath. Speer now that they aren't Federal's bi%ch for factory ammo, are currently redesigning bullets and currently pressure testing for a new manual.

DrThunder88
01-29-2016, 01:57 PM
Maybe if they still made the 99 I would see it as a terrible travesty, but I'd still be overreacting.

The ultramodern S is a bit out of place compared to the recent addition of smooth barrel nuts and bottom bolt releases, which seem to be affecting "classic" aesthetics. I like the new logo's simplicity, but its banal and non-specific design leave a lot to be desired. If it were something more striking and memorable, I could see it as a decent replacement, but this one is a stinker.

My 2 cents - keep the logo - change the name:brick:

Not a bad idea...maybe use the new logo for newer products and the old one for 10/110 rifles.

Russmerle
01-29-2016, 03:38 PM
I wish they would have enlisted the consumer to redesign the logo. Maybe have a submission contest with the winner being awarded a nice rifle for their efforts...

Maine-iac
01-29-2016, 09:15 PM
Doesn't appear much effort went into it does it? Savage has a lot of history to draw from and that's the best they could come up with? Jeez that's poor marketing.

DrThunder88
01-30-2016, 06:29 AM
I wish they would have enlisted the consumer to redesign the logo. Maybe have a submission contest with the winner being awarded a nice rifle for their efforts...

I don't think that would have forestalled the tempest in a teapot about PC gone mad.

The only positive I can see about this new logo is that if they decide to go back, it may draw some publicity from media outlets outside the gun community. Unlike some other Native American logo hullabaloos, Savage is undoubtedly in the right to use it.

psharon97
01-30-2016, 12:46 PM
I understand why Savage chose to go with a different logo. It's much cheaper to change the logo than to defend yourself in both civil court and the court of public opinion. The very loud vocal minority would have no problem suing Savage on the basis of be rascist and the fact that savage produces "sniper rifles". Those mouth breathing knuckle draggers shouldn't have a quorum with the firearms industry since they know nothing about them or much anything else outside the tumbler world. I feel calling them fascists is insulting to actual fascists.