PDA

View Full Version : Long action left hand bolt head?

chukarmandoo
01-26-2016, 12:23 PM
Well from the looks of things, finding any savage bolt head is like impossible, but here goes anyway.

I bought a used savage 110 (30-06) in a left hand just before Christmas and was totally thrilled.
Got the rifle home and immediately tore it down. Put a 6.5-284 barrel on it. Did all the work to bed the action and loaded up some rounds and took it to the range.
Will things didn't go so well! Came home and started checking things out. First off, I did not get a good head space! But I noticed the fired cases had the machine marks of the bolt face on them! I did look at the bolt head and face before I put it all back together and it did not look very good, really rough machining.

So I tore the rifle down again and before I put it back together again I wanted to replace the bolt head. I have looked everywhere and no luck.
I went to Poor Tool and Gauge and they said they had them in stock. So I ordered one. Well almost three weeks later I get it and its the wrong one. Its for a right hand action! So I call them up and explain the problem and they tell me they don't have a left hand in stock! So now I'm at a lose as to what to do. Any suggestions?

chukarmandoo
01-26-2016, 01:39 PM
Well, just got off the phone with Midway and they do have them in stock. 1's on its way!

sixonetonoffun
01-26-2016, 01:42 PM
www.gunpartscorp.com/Products/1374870A.htm

This?

chukarmandoo
01-26-2016, 02:51 PM
Thanks, SIXONETONOFFUN.
I had to go back and cancel the one at Midway as it was for the small firing pin. I have the large firing pin.

geargrinder
01-26-2016, 10:05 PM
Drill out the bolt head for the larger pin. Or add a small diameter firing pin assembly and retaining pin to your midway order.