PDA

View Full Version : Question about Savage 10 BA and NightForce unimounts

HawkTX
01-22-2016, 11:12 AM
I ordered a NightForce NXS Scope 30mm Tube 5.5-22x 56mm Hi-Speed Zero Stop Side Focus Illuminated Reticle Matte for my new Savage 10 BA and ordered the NightForce 30mm Ultralite Picatinny-Style Rings Matte in the Medium Height. Then I saw the NightForce unimounts, which are a bit higher (about $100 higher), but got really good reviews. Has anyone installed the unimounts on their Savage 10 BA and are they worth the extra $100?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts on this.

sniperoverwatch
01-22-2016, 11:22 AM
FWIW, the Unimounts are considered the gold standard for non-QD optic mounts in the AR world.

HawkTX
01-22-2016, 11:27 AM
FWIW, the Unimounts are considered the gold standard for non-QD optic mounts in the AR world.

So more for the AR type gun vs the bolt style gun?

sniperoverwatch
01-22-2016, 01:49 PM
So more for the AR type gun vs the bolt style gun?

Well, not so sure of that. Just saying they're very well respected where I come from. :)

If it gets you the height you want, I say go for it. I like that the rings are on one base and the return to zero is excellent.

WinnieTheBoom
01-22-2016, 02:28 PM
Yes, the unimounts are more for AR-style guns. Unless of course you're talking about Spuhr mounts ($400+), then you can definitely use those on your bolt gun.

I'd suggest staying with the rings. Get the OD of your scope as close to the top of your barrel as possible. Rings are going to be easier to get that.

HawkTX
01-23-2016, 07:17 PM
Yes, the unimounts are more for AR-style guns. Unless of course you're talking about Spuhr mounts ($400+), then you can definitely use those on your bolt gun.

I'd suggest staying with the rings. Get the OD of your scope as close to the top of your barrel as possible. Rings are going to be easier to get that.

Thanks for the info. Rings ordered.