PDA

View Full Version : Savage 10ba 6.5CM

Pages : 1 [2]

Kkern
02-04-2016, 10:34 AM
I will say this. I stumbled across my 10ba CM while I was shopping for the rpr. It was and still is the most accurate rifle I have ever shot out of the box. Sure my plan is to upgrade it a bit but it's more for fun and curiosity. I've kept track on the hide and it seems like the only two things on the rpr that they are keeping factory are the trigger (most times) and some of the receiver. With all the upgrading generally going on, you could have more easily just bought a custom since what they are left with resembles the rpr very little. I think my savage barrel/chamber is fine the way it is. I wouldn't dream of changing that out till I shoot it out. With a .4 ish moa why would I jack with that? With the rpr sounds like they are paying a grand for a chassis and slowly building a rifle in it but getting to shoot along the way.

I have a question....is the butt stock on a AR type buffer tube....could an A2 tube be used so that a Magpul PRS butt stock could be installed ??
Thanks

doctnj
02-04-2016, 10:35 AM
I mean, Hey I got a new barrel, and shroud, and bolt, oh and fore end, and trigger, and but stock, and had guard............. oh but that screw right there.... that's 100% stock RPR

doctnj
02-04-2016, 10:39 AM
I am almost certain it can. To use the prs you have to screw on an adapter that is the internal shape of the prs butstock. The buffer tube with out a spring of course is just a method of mounting a six position but stock. Personally the PRS is great. I have it on all my long range stuff, even my AR10 that is set up as a sass.

SlowTrigger
02-04-2016, 02:08 PM
I'm so glad to hear that Savage is bringing out the Stealth...particularly in the 6.5 CM. I have been on the fence about purchasing the RPR and I am glad now, that I have not been able to find one. And the "clam shell" receiver on the RPR, has been a negative to me from the beginning.
The info I've been able to find, indicates the Sav 10 (6.5 & .308) will be in the $1200 range, I'm assuming that's MSRP.....
If the Stealth will shoot anything close to my FCP-SR .308 then, I'll be one happy shooter !!
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160204/7a8fccf42675168e49b5760b47981b01.jpg

I think you'll be very happy with your decision to go for the 10 BA over the RPR. And you can call me a Tacti-Fool :) but I like the old style BA over this new stealth design. It looks like the new stealth is going to be quite a bit lighter than the old BA, and from the bench, weight is your friend.

Kkern
02-04-2016, 02:28 PM
I think you'll be very happy with your decision to go for the 10 BA over the RPR. And you can call me a Tacti-Fool :) but I like the old style BA over this new stealth design. It looks like the new stealth is going to be quite a bit lighter than the old BA, and from the bench, weight is your friend.

You make a good case with respect to "weight " being your friend and if I was considering either the 300 WM or 338 Lapua, I would definitely be looking at the "old style" BA. However, I want to give the 6.5 CM whirl in this new "chassis " configure....could be just the ticket for me. [emoji41]

bearcatrp
02-06-2016, 08:00 PM
I'm so glad to hear that Savage is bringing out the Stealth...particularly in the 6.5 CM. I have been on the fence about purchasing the RPR and I am glad now, that I have not been able to find one. And the "clam shell" receiver on the RPR, has been a negative to me from the beginning.
The info I've been able to find, indicates the Sav 10 (6.5 & .308) will be in the $1200 range, I'm assuming that's MSRP.....
If the Stealth will shoot anything close to my FCP-SR .308 then, I'll be one happy shooter !!
http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160204/7a8fccf42675168e49b5760b47981b01.jpg
Am hoping Savage doesn't drag there feet with limited availability on the stealths. My 10T 308 is an awesome rifle and am looking for my 1st 6.5CM. Want to see one in person but looks like the stealth will be my next rifle. Brother in law brought his RPR in 6.5CM over to show me and been looking since. Glad I did not get one yet. Looking on Drake Associates web site, may even get a chassis from them for my 10T to match the 6.5CM I will probably get.

Kkern
02-06-2016, 08:32 PM
Am hoping Savage doesn't drag there feet with limited availability on the stealths. My 10T 308 is an awesome rifle and am looking for my 1st 6.5CM. Want to see one in person but looks like the stealth will be my next rifle. Brother in law brought his RPR in 6.5CM over to show me and been looking since. Glad I did not get one yet. Looking on Drake Associates web site, may even get a chassis from them for my 10T to match the 6.5CM I will probably get.

I'm pretty sure that they will get them out "post haste ".......since Ruger is "kicking ass" with the RPR !!

J.Baker
02-06-2016, 11:39 PM
Savage isn't making the chassis stock in-house so supply of complete guns will likely depend on the supplier's ability to keep up with Savage's demand for them.

Kingair001
02-14-2016, 03:08 AM
Gonna order one
Guess in Creedmoor 6.5 and otherwise in 308 and swap the barrel

mjohn
06-28-2016, 01:31 AM
Well I bought one and it shoots fine. A little stiff at first but after 200 rounds it goes like gang busters. No failures whatsoever. The ba10 6.5 stealth shoots better than my ability. SWFA 12x fixed power zeroed at 200 yards and I shoot 3 inch groups at 200 yards all day long. Still experimenting with ammo. Hornady 129 IL, 140, and 143 so far. Next up is the 120 AMAX. Love the trigger. Nothing fancy, but consistent and light. Only other adds are the Harris bipod and the fcs muzzle brake. Did do the 5 round/clean/5 round 60 round total - barrel break in. If I don't blink, I can watch the hit through the scope...need to work on that. Recoil is more a lot more than a 5.56 and slightly less less than a 3.08. It's a snap to clean.

doctnj
06-28-2016, 07:25 AM
This thread has been dormant for some time so I thought I would update this. About to have my 6.5 CM action back and put it all back together again. I was not a fan of the accu trigger after pulling on a Jewell. So I had them put Competition triggers on both rifles at least it will be closer.
The way I see it I paid right at 3k for a special run, one of 15 in the world. You dont suppose the private seller dumping them on gun broker knew that the market was about to be flooded with similar rifles? no of course not. Sent off for some truing and a trigger upgrade plus half of the local smith rip off. So with out a scope that puts me into this rifle for right a 4k.
Anyone interested in it for 4500? NO? didnt think so. Just more bad debt Im going to pass on to my children. At least the darn thing shoots, or at least it used to. Hoping its even better to operate. I wonder if I created a gun buying and selling business, if I could take a loss on this one under the heading of dumb ass moves. Thats ok Ill enjoy shooting the crap out of it. My plan is to take the darth vader heavy as hell top metal off and just replace with a 20 moa egw rail.

bearcatrp
06-28-2016, 08:21 PM
That bites. Enjoy it then Pass it down like you said.