PDA

View Full Version : New from WI

rugby_7
01-20-2016, 05:03 PM
Hi I'm new to the site from Wisconsin. I have a Savage Model 12 22-250, fluted stainless bull barrel, blued 2nd gen short action single shot, black composite stock, 3 screw trigger, made somewhere between 1995-2002. I got it at a auction a couple years ago for coyote hunting and love the rifle. It is very accurate even with the cheap firefield scope on it. Found this site because i lent it to my brother and got it back with a split barrel nut. Ordered a new barrel nut, wrench, and go no go gauges. After reading some more on this site I also ordered a sss recoil lug and some parts to add to the looks (tactical bolt handle and some bolt fluting). I'm excited to get it back together once the parts get here!

Overall I really like this gun, shot many coyotes with it. Future plans are to add a better stock and get a scope with a 50mm objective. I do wish I had a detachable box magazine on here for the convenience and times where I could use an extra shot. Single shot hasn't let me down yet though.

drybean
01-20-2016, 05:05 PM
Welcome aboard

Hotolds442
01-20-2016, 05:13 PM
Welcome!

Found this site because i lent it to my brother and got it back with a split barrel nut.
I hope that you also got an explanation as to how THAT ​happened.

rugby_7
01-20-2016, 05:19 PM
Welcome!

I hope that you also got an explanation as to how THAT ​happened.

Thank you for the welcomes!

Pretty much got a shoulder shrug. I was pretty mad at first, but the bright side is I got to learn a lot more about this rifle.

Rick_W
01-25-2016, 09:45 PM
Welcome