PDA

View Full Version : Eliminating Bolt Release

Nemesis
01-19-2016, 06:33 PM
Been a while since I've been on here, but I've recently acquired a TGBR model 11. My question is this. If I wanted to just do away with the bolt release all together, can I just order a 4.40" top bolt release stock and use a standard trigger guard. Then if I have to remove the bolt, I could just pull the barreled action from the stock?

I seen it mentioned in a older thread, but that was it, just mentioned. I also seen the conversion thread, scope eye mentioned also about moving from bottom release to top/side release by changing the sear. However, if I can eliminate the bolt release all together, I'm going to go that route.

Any information is appreciated. Thanks

sharpshooter
01-19-2016, 07:23 PM
Try it, then tell us how it works out.

Nemesis
01-19-2016, 09:01 PM
Plan on doing just that tomorrow.

ninner
01-20-2016, 11:21 PM
I forget which one but one of the bottom metal manufacturer just cuts a hole so you can reach in with a small screwdriver and move the lever. You could do the same with a wood stock I suppose.

foxx
01-20-2016, 11:24 PM
so how will you clean your barrel without removing the bolt?

Russmerle
01-20-2016, 11:38 PM
Like ninner mentioned, my MDT chassis eliminate the bottom bolt release button but you have to use something to depress the lever through cutout in the chassis. You could probably make a similar cutting in your stock and do the same... But then again, that's a new stock.

short round
01-21-2016, 05:40 AM
Is this rifle bottom bolt release ?

jpdown
01-21-2016, 01:49 PM
The easiest thing to do would be to just take the plastic bottom bolt release button out of the front of the trigger guard. Then you have enough room to use a screw driver or pencil to push the sear lever back to release the bolt. You can also see the lever through the bottom of an old style trigger guard just in front of the trigger, but it is not all that easy to reach and push back, pull back on the trigger and remove the bolt through the smaller opening.