PDA

View Full Version : RB Sav-2 trigger question

scooterf79
01-18-2016, 06:02 PM
Hey guys, I got a Sav-2 trigger for Christmas and was messing with it today and started installing it. The info packet said it did not include the 150° sear spring anymore. Said some older actions used it. If it was needed to contact them.
I'm installing it on a mid to late 90s 112 action, just wondering if thats what theyre calling older or should I use the original spring. (the 90° one)
I know several of you all have installed this trigger, just figured Id drop a line here before I sent them an email about the spring.
Thanks!
Scooter

Dennis
01-18-2016, 06:31 PM
According to Rifle Basix, SAV-2 trigger statement

Current production SAV-2 triggers will replace all 110 center fire triggers manufactured after "January 1966"

I have replaced several of them and I have never had an issue.

If you need further information, please PM me or call.

Dennis

Older should mean any Savage Rifle built before 1967.

LongRange
01-19-2016, 05:17 PM
you dont need the 150 spring.

scooterf79
01-20-2016, 01:26 AM
Thanks LR.....I appreciate it. Dennis PMd me and told me the same thing.....Im gonna try to get it back together tomorrow.
Thanks!
Scooter

LongRange
01-20-2016, 09:34 AM
the tricky part is adjusting the sear engagement with out any creep...the best way i found for a light crisp trigger that didnt bolt fire unless you were trying to make it bolt fire is to move the trigger pin to the center hole and use the red spring...adjust the sear engagement screw until it fires with no creep then make all your other adjustments and then check to see if it bolt fires by just barely closing the bolt and then slam it down hard if it bolt fires make a tiny adjustment to the sear engagement screw and repeat.

another thing i found helped a lot is to take some 2500 grit wet and dry and polish all the contact points including the trigger pin and hole then reassemble with a little dry graphite and then use a tooth pick and put a tiny bit of grease on the sear engagement...you may end up with a tiny bit of over travel to keep the sear from dragging on the trigger both of my triggers had a little over travel.

scooterf79
01-20-2016, 07:55 PM
Thanks for the tips LR!
Didnt have but a few minutes to mess with it today but got the sear spring put in....it was kinda a pain. That bushing added to aggrivation...but once I figured out the proper way to hold and how to squeeze the spring with channel locks....it went in no problem.
Going out of town tomorrow but this weekend Ill get it in finished.
Scooter

scooterf79
01-22-2016, 08:55 PM
Got it installed and alls well! It feels really good now. After I shoot it I may need to adjust it a bit but right now its good!
While I was messing with it though, my bolt release lever fell off! Lol
http://i1287.photobucket.com/albums/a631/scooterf79/Mobile%20Uploads/20160122_125305_zpsqutk5vci.jpg (http://s1287.photobucket.com/user/scooterf79/media/Mobile%20Uploads/20160122_125305_zpsqutk5vci.jpg.html)
Fortunately I had another action laying in the safe and took the 1 piece sear from it and installed it. Now I need to order another sear!
Scooter