PDA

View Full Version : Intro from Indiana and a question

Frosty
06-26-2010, 07:54 PM
Hi, found this site as I was looking for information on a Stevens 200 in .223. Put a used short camo model with a 3-9x40 Bushnell on layaway today. Need a coyote gun for some Fall hunting on my property in North Central Indiana. I've owned this property for a year in a half and when I camp there I hear coyotes. Although I know they won't eat me, I don't sleep well. I'm a 50 year old local truckdriver that lives in NW Indiana and delivers to Chicago Monday-Friday. Own a few different brands of pistols and rifles and enjoy target shooting. Have a 30-30 pump Savage, a couple of model 24's (22/20, 22/410) and an old bolt action 22. This will be the first Stevens and my first .223, I'm hoping to learn a few things here. Now for the question: The serial # is H 017xxx. I'm trying to find the date of manufacture on this rifle. I can't seem to find any info on serial numbers but I did find this site. Thanks in advance for the help, Dave

82boy
06-26-2010, 08:03 PM
Welcome to the site.
Send an e-mail to mad dog he can tell you the year by the SSN. You should come out to the site shoot it is in your back yard.
http://savageshooters.com/SavageForum/index.php/topic,26752.0.html

Frosty
06-26-2010, 08:20 PM
Thank you for the sugestion. I reread his sticky and just realized it was an old post that stated that he can't check anything newer than 05. As much as I'd love to check out the shoot in Indiana wouldn't you know it, it's the same day as MotoGP being held at the famed Indianapolis 500 Speedway. Have a chance to work a corner for the race. Another of my passions is motorcycle racing. From dragracing to my yearly trip to Bonneville (this will be year 4, August 14-20) anything M/C related is OK with me.