PDA

View Full Version : 111 270 to 6mm br

Shelton Blueticks
01-16-2016, 12:48 PM
I'm a newbe, bought a model 111 th xp in 270 want to do a 6mm br build. Could any of y'all tell me the ins and outs as far as stocks, barrel (varmint gun mostly a little paper up to 500 yd) 75-90 gr, Will the 270 DBM work for the 6 br or is there one for the 6br. Bottom metal? I know it's a lot to ask but would like to do it right the first time. Thanks

FW Conch
01-16-2016, 01:15 PM
Welcome to the Brotherhood :-).

JMHO: build your 6BR on a Short Action. There are advantages to putting the longer short action chamberings into a long action build, but not something as short as a 6BR, IMO :-(. You can do it, especially if you go single feed, but you already mentioned a magazine. I even shoot my long chamberings on short actions, but I am strictly single feed only. 6BR on a long action would not appeal to me. Again: JMHO :-)

Hotolds442
01-16-2016, 01:32 PM
If you're wanting to do it right the first time, start with a short action rifle. You will have a few difficulties feeding the BR from a long action reliably. I'm not gonna tell you that you cannot make it feed from a long action, but it'll be a quicker road to success via the short action. Even an early 110 short action chambered for the likes of the 308 or 243 would be easier than a standard long action.