PDA

View Full Version : Question on Bottom Metal

mugsie
01-13-2016, 01:03 PM
I have a gaggle of Savage rifles - LA & SA. Does anyone know if the bottom betal from a savage 10-FCP will fit a savage model 10 with DBM? In other words, rather than buying a specialty magazine, similar to what DE sells, could I just purchase the bottom metal from savage for a 10-FCP and place it into my model 10, or for that matter, on any of my savage SA's?

Thanks....

jpdown
01-13-2016, 01:36 PM
Yes it will fit. See the bottom metal tutorial article posted on the forum home page for more information on ordering the correct bottom metal parts. You can order the metal bottom parts (trigger guard, DBM frame assembly and mag. bottom cap) directly from Savage Arms online. You will need the SN for a rifle that originally came with matte or SS metal parts. Some SN's are listed in the article. Go to www.SavageArms.com - Store Tab - Parts Finder tab and enter a SN. That will pull up the schematics. Highlight the part number and place the item in your cart for pricing. If you are looking for a 10 round DBM magazine, also check out Dark Eagle Custom for a well made all metal 10-round magazine that works with the Savage OEM DBM frame assembly.

WinnieTheBoom
01-13-2016, 01:49 PM
Gotta love cheaper options, lol!