PDA

View Full Version : Centerfire 340 e bolt disassenbly

roootie3
01-12-2016, 10:29 PM
Anyone with info on where I might find a video or info to help me through this process... The ejection is hit-n-miss... Something is amiss.

Thanks

fraserdw
01-13-2016, 07:30 AM
Never seen a video, Lee Roy at Lee Roys Ramblings might help.. Ejection is a two part process, the extractor pulls the round from the chamber, it is located on the head of the bolt head, it is sheet metal and can become worn. The second part is the ejector, it is located on the receiver on left side. A small piece of shaped metal with a spring that protrudes into the bolt channel. The spring can wear and if action is out of stock with the bolt out, it and get mis-aligned on reassembly.

fraserdw
01-13-2016, 05:43 PM
Another thing I have seen is damage on the chamber entrance which can cause erratic seating. This can cause erratic ejection as well. You will need a gunsmith for that unless you have metal work experience, a barrel vise and go gauges.

fraserdw
01-13-2016, 05:46 PM
Also check your mags fit and cycle the bolt over it slowly over it and look for any binding which bolt and mag on the bolt opening stroke.

roootie3
01-13-2016, 08:46 PM
Thanks, fraser