PDA

View Full Version : Whidden v block

pittbull46
01-11-2016, 04:10 PM
What kind of epoxy does everyone use for the v block I have a Richard's microfiber on order and want to put the v block into thanks

darkker
01-11-2016, 04:34 PM
I think I'm a little lost on the "virtue" of this product.
A classic "V block" system, as found on the Choate U.S. stock, has you cinch the action in tight to the V-block; so no bedding is needed. If you use this simply as a foundation for bedding, I'm not sure how it somehow can now be "Custom bedded for interchangeable actions". Either it is bedded for an action, or it isn't...???

For bedding I like JB weld, or Devcon.

Nor Cal Mikie
01-11-2016, 05:10 PM
Use the same "stuff" you would use if bedding the action or pillars. (I prefer Miles Gilbert) Just a small gap around the "V Block" is enough to get the job done. I secure mine in place with just enough bedding to hold it then after it cures, go back and fill in any gaps that are unfilled. (shim and center the barrel and tang as needed) Metal to metal mounting between the action and V Block. No skim bedding over the block is needed. No matter how many times you remove the action from the V Block, the action will always go back to the same spot. Fool proof.

pittbull46
01-11-2016, 06:53 PM
Thanks for the help