PDA

View Full Version : Mark I/II/93R: Have a Savage 93, BSEV in 17 caliber ordered - new member - first post

rossfox
06-25-2010, 02:33 PM
Hello all. I have on order a new Savage 93, BSEV in .17 caliber and I hope to have it by the end of next week. I have a question. I purchased a new Simmons Whitetail Scope 6.4 to 20x by 50 mm a few weeks ago because of a super deal on it. I am pretty sure that I will need extra high scope rings????? Also, what brand rings seems to be good. And does anyone have experience with this scope. I'd been wanting one of these rifles to target shoot with and I really like the way it feels, cutout stock, accutrigger, stainless fluted barrel and all. I'm sure this question has been gone over before, so if there is a thread already I would be glad to go there. Thanks Ross

Golfbuddy45
06-25-2010, 04:24 PM
Your 93R17 BSEV is exactly the same gun as my MKII BSEV. I used standard Weaver Rings for my Swift 4 - 12 x 40 scope. You can see how this fits on mine.

http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/ae70/Golfbuddy45/BSEVCenter.jpg

You can see the scope to barrel clearance better in from the left side picture.
http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/ae70/Golfbuddy45/SavageMKIIBSEVCenterLeftSide.jpg

By the way - - If you ordered it without actually seeing one live wait till you open up that box, and then after the WOWS of just looking at it wait till you shoot that sweet thang!

rossfox
06-28-2010, 07:54 AM
Thanks for the return email. Your gun and scope look mighty fine. I hope mine arrives looking as good. I have a friend who has one of these and he loves it. I haven't seen it. I have seen and held this gun in .22 long rifle, and I fell in love immediately. Ross

Sailormilan2
06-28-2010, 09:43 AM
You can always change the bases too, if your rings aren't tall enough. I use the same scope on my Savage 93R17, and with my rings I use silver colored Weaver #45. Which is actually the rear base for a Commercial Mauser rifle. My rings are fairly tall, at about 1/2" and I have about 1/4" clearance between the front bell and the barrel.
http://i752.photobucket.com/albums/xx166/Sailormilan2/000_2073.jpg

Weaver:
#15 0.195"
#16 0.205"
#43 0.265"
#45 0.396"
#S45 Grand Slam steel bases 0.396"
Measurments are the thickness of the bases, given to match the bases and rings for mounting different size scopes on these little actions.

Leupold:
Standard bases:
Gloss black #50028

QR (quick release):
Gloss black #52240
Matte black #52239

QRW (quick release weaver), for weaver style rings:
Gloss black #49866

Redfield:
SR-541:
Gloss black #47195

Burris:
TU-541:
Gloss black #410301

TU-DISC:
Matte black #410218
Nickel silver #410219

With the Leupold, Redfield and Burris style bases the rear base has to be turned around to where the windage screws are on the front of the base in order to clear the bolt handle. And if you want to save a couple bucks try the Redfield bases, Brownells has them about $8 cheaper then the Leupold and they are identical.

Theres a lot of other bases out there that will work, you just dont find them listed for the Savage rimfires. Any brand you choose just look for bases listed for the Remington 541 or the Knight Wolverine or Knight Disc Rifle. I hope this helps someone out.

redfoot
08-12-2010, 02:32 AM
Nice looking rifle!

Golfbuddy45
08-17-2010, 10:23 PM
I was shooting my BSEV at the County Range a couple weeks ago and the Range Master came up and asked "Is that one of those new Savages?" I showed it to him and when he saw the results of my shooting at 50 yards he said, "I gotta get one of those!" Next thing I know he comes back with 3 other guys who want to look at it so we took it to the back table so they could look it over. One of the guys has a CZ .22 Varminter and he said, "Man! Savage is getting SERIOUS!" ;D

http://i958.photobucket.com/albums/ae70/Golfbuddy45/SavageMKIIBSEVRightSide.jpg

SRT-6
09-09-2010, 10:48 PM
wow that thing looks awesome, thanks for the eye candy

Pickett
11-25-2012, 12:43 PM
Hello all. I have on order a new Savage 93, BSEV in .17 caliber and I hope to have it by the end of next week. I have a question. I purchased a new Simmons Whitetail Scope 6.4 to 20x by 50 mm a few weeks ago because of a super deal on it. I am pretty sure that I will need extra high scope rings????? Also, what brand rings seems to be good. And does anyone have experience with this scope. I'd been wanting one of these rifles to target shoot with and I really like the way it feels, cutout stock, accutrigger, stainless fluted barrel and all. I'm sure this question has been gone over before, so if there is a thread already I would be glad to go there. Thanks Ross

You need to order Weaver Cross Lock Riflescope Rings, 1in, X-High, Silver 49323
WR-RR-FACABB-49323

Pickett