PDA

View Full Version : Bolt Indent Balls

ivob
01-10-2016, 09:25 PM
Long story short
Was able to get the trigger pull down to just under 2lbs - no creep 'tested' the trigger bolt by slamming it shut - pulling the trigger while the safety was on to see if it would fire and it didn't - BUT when you put the safety on and cycle the bolt to load a cartridge as soon as you take the safety off "bang" without touching the trigger. To be safe I decided to re-install the factory spring did cut 1 1/2 coils as per Utube University probably have a four pound'ish trigger (I will live with it)

So, I was cleaning the bolt face and decided to push the extractor thingy went too far the two ball bearings shot out no where to be found for a short time I was playing CSI with my flashlight while examining the floor for any evident of the evasive balls - as one member posted. I ordered a package of 100 from Amazon - am sure could have bought a box of number four steel shot.

Should get them by mid week

ivo

<wasn't my intent to become a gun smith but after purchasing this savage axis am learning the trade first hand>

devildogandboy
01-11-2016, 03:47 PM
yeah, those little balls have a way of escaping. you do still have the extractor spring don't you? sometimes they shoot out as well.. by the way, when you put it together only use one ball in the extractor, that's all it takes!

Bruce