PDA

View Full Version : trigger adjustment question

doctnj
01-07-2016, 08:20 AM
I have two savage bolt guns. One, after adjusting with handy tool, is supper light and crisp. The other one is noticeably harder to break. I used to think it was light till I got the second one. Ive tried to adjust the harder one down but its maxed out. Lighter one is on 6.5CM, heavier one a 338 LM. Why cant I get the heavier one down to the level of the lighter one. Arent they basically the exact same trigger?

As a side note they both feel ridiculously heavy now that I have my first jewel. lol

LongRange
01-07-2016, 09:22 AM
does the one in the CM have a red blade?

doctnj
01-07-2016, 09:37 AM
No, however it was a limited run gun and from what I've been told, may or may not be true, it was built out of the custom shop.

LongRange
01-07-2016, 10:17 AM
this is why i swapped out the triggers in my 2 riffles...the target action trigger was ok but the BA trigger was terrible...i shot the biffle basix triggers for 5yrs or so and just swapped out both for the SSS comp triggers and they are NICE...i dont have a pull gauge but my finger cant tell the difference between the two...they are NOT jewels or timneys but IMHO as close as your going to get for a savage and a DIY trigger.

doctnj
01-07-2016, 03:33 PM
Well that tells me what I can do.

LongRange
01-07-2016, 04:02 PM
i know replacing triggers is not the answer you were looking for but i doubt youll ever get the accu triggers the same and for $120ea to have the same trigger pull IMHO is worth the money spent...nothing worse then having a rifle you have to re-learn the trigger with every time you shoot it.

doctnj
01-07-2016, 04:31 PM
Yeah, that's really not a bad price. So it goes on the list. I really did think the 338 had a great trigger pull. I used to take people out to shoot and tell them to be careful because it had a light pull and it really does its just not near as good as the CM and neither one of them are even in the same ball park as the jewel. All I have to do to get the jewel to break is just 'Think' about it breaking. That little bit of thought causes enough flexion in my finger and snap. So that is exactly the trigger going in the NEW CM build. Now I have to fix the 338 or it will soon feel like crap!!! See this is why I refuse to look through a razor gen 111. I must stay in the shadow of ignorance.

LongRange
01-07-2016, 04:41 PM
LOL i know what you mean...no savage trigger is going to feel like a jewel or timney except maybe an evolution from Fred at SSS but he wont install them without a T&T job.

doctnj
01-07-2016, 05:28 PM
But I understand he is backed up and or just takes quite a while to get done. So Im liking the diy idea. I guess the timing he does is to be sure the lugs are engaging before it starts cocking? Im not sure I understand what that is all about.