PDA

View Full Version : 111IL need info

darb
01-05-2016, 05:27 PM
I have an opportunity to pick up a Savage 111IL. Does anyone know about this model? It has a pre-Accutrigger. Are parts available? I am considering it for a new build. If possible will be putting on a new stock, barrel and bolt. Thanks

smlzerolimit
01-07-2016, 11:07 PM
I was looking at a 300win mag and a 338 win mag on gun broker this week, passed on both, looked like a good deal but some of the older stuff it's hard to find stuff, I was planning on a build too, went with a 111 just for the action

GaCop
01-09-2016, 09:58 AM
It should be a long action stagger feed, 5.062" spacing between action screw holes. What caliber is it? If it's a standard caliber like the 30-06, 270, etc. It can be rebarreled to any cartridge with the same .473" head diameter. Stock choices are not as prolific for the long action like it is for the short action Savages but stocks are available from Choate, Boyd's, Stockey's, etc. If your lucky and it has an older three screw trigger, they can be adjusted down to very nice trigger pulls.

darb
01-10-2016, 01:35 PM
It should be a long action stagger feed, 5.062" spacing between action screw holes. What caliber is it? If it's a standard caliber like the 30-06, 270, etc. It can be rebarreled to any cartridge with the same .473" head diameter. Stock choices are not as prolific for the long action like it is for the short action Savages but stocks are available from Choate, Boyd's, Stockey's, etc. If your lucky and it has an older three screw trigger, they can be adjusted down to very nice trigger pulls. I am awaiting photos of the rifle. The caliber is a 7 rem mag. I am pretty sure it has the three screw trigger.