PDA

View Full Version : best place for stevens

BrettSass844
06-24-2010, 01:45 PM
Who has the most consistent lowest prices on a stevens? I have heard stories about new ones for the 200 to 250 range.

lostart
06-24-2010, 02:18 PM
I have heard those stories as well. I have not been able to find them online or locally. I did find a sale recently at the gun shop that I frequent. Picked one up for $278. Not a great deal according to the reports, but the cheapest that I have found, especially locally. The stevens at the local gun shop normally run about $310, which is generally cheaper than anything on gunbroker. Jim at NSS has just the action for $230, so that is a great option for a donor action. Good Luck

snipecatcher
06-24-2010, 02:52 PM
You may have heard of the sale that Academy Sports does every now and then. I've seen them for $199. They normally go for $270 though. Academy is a chain of stores in the Southeast, and we are blessed with many of them in TX. I worked at one for a while, too. They will not order firearms for you, and the employees have no idea what guns they will be getting in, or when they will receive shipments. They are not lying to you when they tell you this.

http://www.academy.com/index.php?page=content&target=company/locator/map&lnkSRC=Header

BrettSass844
06-24-2010, 03:25 PM
What is the average amount you can ditch the stock and barrel for if all your after is the action?
I have heard apprx 50 to 70 for the barrel and 25 to 35 for the stock

lostart
06-24-2010, 03:30 PM
that sounds about right. Hurry up and pay your $12 theres a short action in the classifieds right now...good price. ;)

hailstone
06-24-2010, 07:05 PM
Looking around I can usually find used Savage rifles for $200 extreme lower end to $500 upper end with Accua-Triggers. Many in the $300-$400 area without the Accua-Triggers but rather the old adjustable Stevens three screw trigger. Stevens will run anywhere from $270 to $375 depending on whether its a bare rifle or one of the package deals.

Picked up a used Savage 270 Win that some idoit had used not only locktite on the scope threads but also the wrong strength. Store had deeply discounted the rifle because of this. I got a steal buy that took several hours to undo the stupid amature scope mount screw ups.

Recently I picked up a NIB Stevens 223 Remington that had been sitting on the rack too long. Management discounted the rifle by $90 to $270 because it hadn't moved. I make a circuit of the gun shops in my area every week. Amazing how you find all kinds of bargins. New Redding die sets for $10, Nosler bullets heavly discounted because of overstockage, loaded ammo for $14 and the list goes on and on.