PDA

View Full Version : 111 Trophy hunter HELP !!!!!!

jessijames
01-03-2016, 05:29 PM
Hey guys, I know there is a lot of posts on this subject but I cant wrap my brain around any of this. So I got me a Savage 111 Trophy Hunter XP in 30-06 and as many others before me I want to swap out the stock for something better. This gun has the bolt release in front of the trigger guard and the fact its a long action rules out a lot as far as stocks go. But I did find one on Boyd's website, and I'm sure as well as most of you know I gotta buy the bottom metal component system. So my question is does Savage sell this part? Do they offer a plastic bottom instead of a metal bottom? Will my trigger guard (which is plastic from the factory) work? trying to keep costs down as much as possible as you can tell. Somebody please help me before I go insane!!!!!!

jfksc
01-03-2016, 09:41 PM
Yes they'll sell it to you. Tell them what you're doing and they'll know exactly what you need but make sure to provide all info. Great customer service from savage.

Your existing trigger guard and magazine will work. All you need is the part that surrounds the magazine.

I have that part in long action cause I just went all metal. send me an envelope with postage and it's all yours. I have no need for it.

Pillar bed that boyds stock when it comes in. I just restocked my 110 with a boyds walnut stock and you'll want the pillars. Stockys sells them for like $13.

jfksc
01-03-2016, 09:43 PM
Just realized that your trigger guard is probably molded to the stock cause it's a plastic stock. I that case you will need that part. I also have that sitting around if you want it. Newer bottom bolt release style.