PDA

View Full Version : Who owns Savage now?

efm77
06-24-2010, 07:36 AM
I know this has probably been asked and answered before but does anyone know? I know Ron Coburn is the CEO but who or what company actually owns Savage Sports Corporation? I was just curious since so many companies these days are owned by big conglomorates that own multiple companies. Thanks for any input.

Cover Dog
06-24-2010, 08:28 AM
I believe Savage is standing on their own. They also own Savage Range Systems which consist of shooting ranges and bullett traps, and also Porta Target, shoot houses and target systems. And within the last several years they have also acquired Bowtech Archery.

sharpshooter
06-24-2010, 11:42 PM
Savage Arms is a privately owned corporation, with Ron Coburn owning controlling interest. Yes they were approached by Cerberus investments to sell out, but they flat turned them down.

tiny68
06-25-2010, 01:25 AM
Savage Arms is a privately owned corporation, with Ron Coburn owning controlling interest. Yes they were approached by Cerberus investments to sell out, but they flat turned them down.

Thank God.....!!!!!

efm77
06-27-2010, 07:55 AM
Thanks guys for the information. I knew Ron Coburn was heavily involved but wasn't sure if they were still privately owned or owned by a big conglomerate. I'm glad to hear they're private and especailly agree with tiny68 about the Cerberus thing!

LHitchcox
06-27-2010, 09:31 AM
If I remember correctly, the company was bankrupt and in jeopardy of closing and Coburn led the employees in a buy out. They then cut things to the bone and eliminated debt. After they were solvent, they took off with new products and higher quality. And today they are a force in the industry.