PDA

View Full Version : Boyds Stock Pricing?

piglatinhater
01-02-2016, 04:41 PM
Have the classic series (specifically the peppermint laminate) ever been on sale? I swear the last time I looked 6-8 months ago they were $100 and not $144. Obviously it's worth switching out of the tuber ware stock but I'm trying to see if I should wait it until another sale.

NFD9
01-02-2016, 04:52 PM
Have the classic series (specifically the peppermint laminate) ever been on sale? I swear the last time I looked 6-8 months ago they were $100 and not $144. Obviously it's worth switching out of the tuber ware stock but I'm trying to see if I should wait it until another sale.
I didn't know they offered peppermint laminate? :confused:
I can't seem to find it on their website either.

Are you referring to pepper laminate? If so, their classic in pepper laminate looks to be a stock (not custom) item for most Savages, at $99.

piglatinhater
01-02-2016, 06:13 PM
I didn't know they offered peppermint laminate? :confused:
I can't seem to find it on their website either.

Are you referring to pepper laminate? If so, their classic in pepper laminate looks to be a stock (not custom) item for most Savages, at $99.
Sorry for the auto correct.
Got a link for the $99 stock?

NFD9
01-02-2016, 06:36 PM
Got a link for the $99 stock?
Nope, it appears you are correct on the Axis classic $144 price. The 111's and lefty Axis are still $99.
Screwing the masses I guess...LOL.

scooterf79
01-03-2016, 01:38 AM
They increased in price a couple of months (maybe 3 or 4) back. DrThunder brought it up in a post a little while back. I never saw any reason, just saw higher prices....😲
Scooter

DrThunder88
01-03-2016, 03:20 AM
My thread was about the decreases in component quality since 2013, which happened before the price increase in mid-to-late 2015. However, according to MrFurious, Boyds prices used to be higher—apparently about what they are now—until 2012 or 2013 when the prices dropped to what I thought was normal. I've gone through their Facebook feed, however, and can't find anything corresponding to that. Given the proliferation of announcements of their sales, coupons, and specials prior to 2014 (when they stopped offering sales, coupons, and specials there), I would imagine it would be there. The only price drop I can quantify seems to be the Varmint Thumbhole, which was $200 in December of 2009 and evidently even more before November of that year.

Russ77
01-03-2016, 03:29 AM
I did some looking around at different stocks and I couldn't find anything near the price of Boyd stocks. There was a choulate( not sure if I'm spelling that right but I'm to lazy to look it up) stock for around 199.99 that was pretty nice but it was made of plastic like the factory stock. My pro varmint came shipped to me for just under 200. I'm happy with it but I wish I would have paid the extra 60 bucks for the adjustable comb. I think for the money I got a great value in my Boyd stock and I'm very happy with it.

scooterf79
01-03-2016, 03:41 AM
I think for the money they're a good deal. I have 3 and have no issues with them at all, actually have one on the way.
Scooter

Russ77
01-03-2016, 04:20 AM
Have any of you guys noticed an increase in accuracy when changing to a Boyd stock from the factory one?? Mine did not but it is a .223, maybe the higher caliber rifles will see tighter groups from the stock having less flex to it?? I'm still very happy with my purchase it gives it a nice feel and most importantly it looks cool [emoji41]

DrThunder88
01-05-2016, 01:56 PM
Not that I could conclusively tie to the stock as I tend to change other variables around the same time. Pillaring and bedding, trigger work, a raised cheekpiece, and a better barrel usually get added along with the stock.

EDIT: I notice Boyds is back to charging $10 for not finishing a stock. Not a big deal, I suppose, unless you plan on doing any structural modifications that would require a refinish.